Why on earth would Cal-in + yogurt be unsuitable for kids under ten??

(8 Posts)
PinkyCheesy Thu 31-Jan-13 21:10:03

from their website:
Cal-in + is formulated especially for adults, so it contains lots of calcium to meet the recommended daily allowance. It is not intended for children under the age of 10 as they have a lower reference nutrient intake for calcium.* For children under 10 why not try Petits Filous or Frubes Fromage Frais? They both contain calcium & vitamin D and are better suited to their calcium needs.

I know, just seems so random for yogurt to be unsuitable.. And if it really is shouldn't it be more obvious? I only by full fat for the kids to avoid sweeteners

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 31-Jan-13 09:39:05

Two won't kill anyone.... smile

Bloody hell, tiny print at the back of the packaging - only saw it after they had scoffed two

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 30-Jan-13 22:40:12

I don't think manufacturers would print the warning if they didn't mean you to take it seriously. Most want as many as possible to eat their product.... not reduce their consumer base.

Added vitamin D... It won't be dangerous will it?

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 30-Jan-13 20:01:05

If it's fortified with Vitamin A or similar then it could be in too-high concentrations for children.

Just read in small print on the packaging.. How bizarre

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now