Quick lazy dinner ideas needed please :)

(27 Posts)
VirtualAssistant2011 Fri 25-Jan-13 15:47:31

Hi there

I have a DP, a 3 year old and am pregnant with DC2. I work freelance in the mornings and evenings and my DP works very long hours. I am starting to feel exhausted from pregnancy especially as my DD still does not sleep through the night sad

I usually cook from recipe books from scratch but have totally lost all motivation for cooking as I am so tired. I have resorted to takeaways this week but this cannot be a long term solution for us.

I am looking for some quick meal solutions, I have had a search through old threads and have come up with the following but would love suggestions for more:

Egg, chips and peas
Hotdogs, chips and beans
Frozen pizza
Pasta and pesto
Jacket potatoes

Also DP is on a diet so I would need to adapt his so they are not too fattening for him, I have no idea how I would do that with the above!

CaramelBobbi Tue 29-Jan-13 18:24:02

Tip a bag of prewashed spinach leaves in a casserole dish. Place salmon fillets on top (skinside up to make skin easier to remove at end). Spoon over jar of pesto. Chuck in 1 tablespoon water. Put lid on dish and stick in oven for 20 mins. Salmon will cook through and spinach and pesto will mulch into a sauce.

Cook some pasta.

Remove skin from fish. Stir pasta into casserole dish. Ta-da!!! Delicious and reasonably healthy - even my v v picky boring-eater child loves this.

Shellington Fri 01-Feb-13 11:51:08

Caramel that sounds lovely! Is it baby spinach leaves you use?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now