Veggie, Mexican ideas please!

(6 Posts)

Lovely salsa - you can leave out the chilli for dd:
chopped red onion, red pepper, mango, lime juice, coriander, red chilli, salt and pepper

Qaesadillas - I like them with cheese and some fried mushrooms in, then served with the above salsa.

I do a wrap thing which is nice -

fry some onion and garlic then add a chopped red chilli.
Meanwhile cook a bag of ready chopped Waitrose sweet potato and butternut squash until not quite done.
Mash it a bit then mix in the oniony stuff.
Add drained chickpeas and a load of chopped spinach.
Use to fill wraps, rolling them up in a row in an oven proof dish.
Top with grated cheese and bake until crunchy.

DoItToJulia Fri 25-Jan-13 20:46:03

Huevos rancheros. They are quite different. I made them using a mumsnetters recipe...I posted a thread title called huevos rancheros recipe needed and got great ideas! Serve with refried beans, sour cream, guacamole, salsa and wraps. Delicious!

BornToFolk Fri 25-Jan-13 20:43:33

oooh, chickpea fajitas! I never would have thought to put chickpeas in fajitas but it sounds lovely. Thanks for the links.

suburbophobe Fri 25-Jan-13 20:17:27

I love Mexican food!

Those are great links, nextphase.

Just a pity you can't buy Mole (chocolate and chili sauce) in the supermarket.... sad

nextphase Fri 25-Jan-13 20:08:20
BornToFolk Fri 25-Jan-13 13:20:32

It occured to me the other day that I rarely make Mexican food, apart from chili non-carne with Quorn or beans. Not sure why really!

Has anyone got any good (i.e. quick, easy and cheap!) recipies that would suit me and 5 year old DS? The only caveats apart from being veggie are no mushrooms and not too spicy (or something where it can be adjusted so I can have heat and DS doesn't have to!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now