How long is it safe to keep homemade soup in the fridge for?

(3 Posts)
wrenster Mon 14-Jan-13 20:23:31

I do the same, make it on Sunday and eat right through until Friday. Mine are only veg based and I've never had a problem yet!

YDdraigGoch Mon 14-Jan-13 17:24:21

Experiment. Probably different for different types of veg. I would continue to eat it until it either tasted bad, grew fur, or smelled rank.
Foods usually start to taste bad before they are off enough to do you much harm.

BeGoodElliot Mon 14-Jan-13 17:16:57

I have started a diet and plan to take homemade soup to work for lunch everyday, so I always have something with me to make me less tempted to go to the canteen.

I have been using pretty basic soup recipes just really using veg, stock cubes and sometimes either lentils or barley to make them a bit more filling. Never using any cream, meat, or similar.

If I made the soup on a Sunday, cooled it, split it into containers and put it straight in the fridge from cooling would it be safe to eat all week?

I have googled and views seem to vary around 2-3 days, but I was thinking it would last longer...although I don't really want to poison myself! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now