Need quick & easy NYD desert recipe

(5 Posts)
sharond101 Wed 26-Dec-12 23:27:06

Have 9 people for New Years dinner but I have a 7mo son and not enough time to do elaborate puddings. There will be homemade soup or pate to start followed by steak pie and trimmings, DH contributed by buying a cookie dough cheesecake and I want to offer up an alternative which I make myself, quickly and easily what do you suggest?

This one is ridiculously easy - my version uses standard ginger snaps for the base, common or garden double-cream and crumbled flake in the mix before putting it in the freezer to set. If there are no children involved you can also add a tot of rum/brandy to it as well.

tillytinselpants Thu 27-Dec-12 23:04:59

I have a recipe for a chocolate Christmas pudding that you bake in the microwave. It's simple & quick - you can mix it all up beforehand & then pop it in the microwave before serving.

If you like the sound of it, I can dig out the recipe tomorrow. I have also made [this before http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/12060/chocolate-cherry-layer.aspx]], again quick, simple & tasty!

sharond101 Fri 28-Dec-12 10:34:45

Trying to steer away from chocolate. Was thinking maybe sticky toffee pudding.

Oreocrumbs Fri 28-Dec-12 10:46:05

My fail safe and very quick dessert is:

3 or 4 tins of raspberries in juice
2 tins of pear halves in juice

Layer on the bottom of a deep trifle dish.

500ml natural yoghurt
500ml double cream

Whip untill stiff, layer on top - this will be a big deep layer.

Sprinkle the top with demarera sugar - cover the whole top.

Make 24/36 hours before eating and cover with cling and refridgerate. The sugar will melt to a syrup.

Very nice. It has been declared as part of my little brothers theoretical 'last meal' - so it must be good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now