Vegetarian ideas

(16 Posts)

Thanks Ony.

Would absolutely love some slow cooker veggie recipes, if anybody has any.

QueenofWhatever Sat 05-Jan-13 19:18:18

Priscialla101, that Caribbean stew looks great. Thanks for posting, I'll try that out.

Any more suggestions for slow cooker meals that have a reasonable amount of protein in them?

Onykahonie Fri 04-Jan-13 18:29:07

Most of my recipes have tomatoes, aubergine, mushrooms and/or cheese in! I do a nice veg sausage and cider casserole though!
wedonteatanythingwithaface.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/quorn-sausage-and-cider-casserole.html

Ladybird - I don't use my slowcooker enough yet, but it is deffo worth having.

That looks lovely - similar to an African style one we do but that dd2 refuses to eat!

Love dahl and spicy root vege stuff; just trying to find something a bit different now.

priscilla101 Wed 02-Jan-13 22:10:00

eighth-day.co.uk/recipes/caribbean-stew/

Love this....seems a bit odd, but is amazing, honest!

Also suggest Dahl, spicy root veg casserole, and good old fashioned stew with dumplings....mmmm!

Drladybird Wed 02-Jan-13 22:01:28

Yes, I remember thinking the same when I came across a version of this dish in a restaurant. But, I was very pleasantly surprise! If you like beetroot, I'm sure you'd like the curry.

Maybe I should get a slow cooker- they seem to be popular on MN- but I always thought they were for meateaters...

Thank you. Yes, I think a tagine could work in a slow cooker. Don't fancy beetroot curry though, thanks.

Drladybird Tue 01-Jan-13 19:18:06

Lots of inspiration here (although not sure what works with a slow cooker)...
What about: Moroccan carrot and chickpea stew or beetroot and yoghurt curry.

Had forgotten about this!

Thanks for these...more appreciated!

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 26-Dec-12 22:46:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Floralnomad Wed 26-Dec-12 22:44:32

Ratatouille is one of our favourites at the moment ( broccoli ,courgette and peppers) ,also roasted pepper risotto.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 26-Dec-12 22:42:16

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 26-Dec-12 22:41:09

Come on folks - inspiration needed!

Has anybody got any great veggie recipes for a slowcooker? No tinned tomatoes please.

Or any brilliant vegetarian recipes generally? No tinned tomatoes, aubergine or mushrooms and dd1 not fond of cheesy/creamy sauces. Love spicy food, like most other vege, pasta, rice etc etc.

I want to try something new but not sure what I fancy. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now