NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Vegetarian ideas

(16 Posts)

Thanks Ony.

Would absolutely love some slow cooker veggie recipes, if anybody has any.

Priscialla101, that Caribbean stew looks great. Thanks for posting, I'll try that out.

Any more suggestions for slow cooker meals that have a reasonable amount of protein in them?

Onykahonie Fri 04-Jan-13 18:29:07

Most of my recipes have tomatoes, aubergine, mushrooms and/or cheese in! I do a nice veg sausage and cider casserole though!
wedonteatanythingwithaface.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/quorn-sausage-and-cider-casserole.html

Ladybird - I don't use my slowcooker enough yet, but it is deffo worth having.

That looks lovely - similar to an African style one we do but that dd2 refuses to eat!

Love dahl and spicy root vege stuff; just trying to find something a bit different now.

priscilla101 Wed 02-Jan-13 22:10:00

eighth-day.co.uk/recipes/caribbean-stew/

Love this....seems a bit odd, but is amazing, honest!

Also suggest Dahl, spicy root veg casserole, and good old fashioned stew with dumplings....mmmm!

Drladybird Wed 02-Jan-13 22:01:28

Yes, I remember thinking the same when I came across a version of this dish in a restaurant. But, I was very pleasantly surprise! If you like beetroot, I'm sure you'd like the curry.

Maybe I should get a slow cooker- they seem to be popular on MN- but I always thought they were for meateaters...

Thank you. Yes, I think a tagine could work in a slow cooker. Don't fancy beetroot curry though, thanks.

Drladybird Tue 01-Jan-13 19:18:06

Lots of inspiration here (although not sure what works with a slow cooker)...
What about: Moroccan carrot and chickpea stew or beetroot and yoghurt curry.

Had forgotten about this!

Thanks for these...more appreciated!

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 26-Dec-12 22:46:53

[http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bhindibhajji_74849]

Floralnomad Wed 26-Dec-12 22:44:32

Ratatouille is one of our favourites at the moment ( broccoli ,courgette and peppers) ,also roasted pepper risotto.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 26-Dec-12 22:42:16

sorry - didnt see the mushroom bit. maybe add red kidney beans instead?

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 26-Dec-12 22:41:09

bhindi bahji or potato & cauliflower curry.
dry fry coriander, cumin, turmeric, etc add bit of water or veg stock, fried onions, okra or potatoes & cauliflower garlic & ginger and cook for about half an hour. really tasty for a veggie dish.
not sure i would use slow. cooker though.

i also love vegetable stew - cook loads of root veg, onions & mushrooms and at the end stir in some bisto powder to make a geavy. sounds dire but is delicious.

Come on folks - inspiration needed!

Has anybody got any great veggie recipes for a slowcooker? No tinned tomatoes please.

Or any brilliant vegetarian recipes generally? No tinned tomatoes, aubergine or mushrooms and dd1 not fond of cheesy/creamy sauces. Love spicy food, like most other vege, pasta, rice etc etc.

I want to try something new but not sure what I fancy. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now