Can u save dps soup?

(15 Posts)

Well I thought I'd report back. Took a small bowl added some curry paste , soy sauce and some creamed coconut as it saved wasting a whole can of the milk. Slight improvement on taste but the texture was still horrible so dp is taking a portion to work and the rest is going in bin.

Apparently it'slike his mum used to make and he liked it. Ew.

OhyouMerryLittleKitten Wed 26-Dec-12 19:01:00

It's 'savoury' being one of the five flavours the tongue can taste.

pumpkinsweetieMasPudding Wed 26-Dec-12 18:17:05

His fault for falling asleep, send him out for a tin of soup!

What's umami?

OhyouMerryLittleKitten Wed 26-Dec-12 18:02:03

Soy sauce can resurrect a soup if its not already too salty, or Thai fish sauce or Stilton. Probably needs a bit of umami

I was just thinking of coconut milk but I'll add that after the paste as don't wanna waste a can on something that has no hope smile

Who the hell blends meat into soup

Onlyaphase Wed 26-Dec-12 17:54:22

Yes, just stir in a dollop of paste and see what you think when it has blended in. Add a tin of coconut milk maybe too?

BoundandRebound Wed 26-Dec-12 17:42:31

Add chicken or vegetable stock

Turkey stock is yuk IMO so you may not have done anything wrong

I do like the curry idea. I will stir in some paste I think then taste before I waste any other veg and see if it is on its way to be salvaged.

It's watery tasting but it's quite thick. I normally only blend veg and lentils and potatoes into soup. Anything like beans or meat or pasta/noodles I keep whole. He has
Literally sauted some carrots leeks and other veg, added some stock then some water then boiled, added meat and blended.

GrandPoohBah Wed 26-Dec-12 17:37:06

If it's watery, can you reduce it to enhance the flavour? Also, put a bouquet garni in to flavour it.

blue2 Wed 26-Dec-12 17:34:43

I don't think there's much you can do apart from add stuff. If its going to be slightly curried, maybe add some cooked rice to add a bit of texture.

It's already got veg and stuff in it and it's too thick to add something else to to cook but would that work if I cooked some more veg ( have a squash that might sweeten it) and then blended again with curry paste?

Onlyaphase Wed 26-Dec-12 17:29:39

I'd add some lentils, veg and some curry paste, and then blend it after cooking until the lentils are soft. Spicy veg and turkey soup

Ok, so after I cooked everything yesterday dp as alwYs started on the stock. He made a lovely turkey stock!

He decided to make soup for tea. Now apparently it's all my fault given that I let him fall asleep and he had to rush it but we have a saucepan full of unappetizing slop. He blended the meat into the soup so it's basically a pot of watery tasting crap with tiny tiny shreds of meat blended into it.

Now how can i rescue this? Is it possible?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now