what veg with Nigella's 24 hour pork please?

(10 Posts)
dementedma Thu 27-Dec-12 20:09:07

Agree red cabbage would be good and you can make ahead and freeze, just need to reheat.Or stir fry green beans with some pancetta or with flaked almonds.

DelGirl Thu 27-Dec-12 18:08:35

that sounds tasty I may do that as an extra sort of relish dish, thanks

apples and onions go well with pork

DelGirl Wed 26-Dec-12 17:14:31

i'd not thought of salads, any suggestions? Like the idea of that.

Looked at the carrot and chestnut soup, yum and love the idea of puff pastry instead of bread, probably a little lighter and will look the biz

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 26-Dec-12 17:11:25

why not do roast pots & a few salads. nigella and / or jamie have some lovely recipes.

DelGirl Wed 26-Dec-12 17:10:07

will have a look, many thanks

bluesky Wed 26-Dec-12 17:08:22

I can really recommend the carrot and chestnut soup on the tesco recipe website.

Delias red cabbage recipe is my favourite. And something green would look really good on the plate.

DelGirl Wed 26-Dec-12 17:06:20

mm, i'll give it some thought, thanks. To my shame i've only eaten kale once and thought it was a salad leaf lol. Put me off grin I am quite a good cook really just some things pass me by!

lalalonglegs Wed 26-Dec-12 17:02:58

How about some sliced kale quickly stir-fried with a splash of soy? It's delicious and goes well with pork.

DelGirl Wed 26-Dec-12 16:49:36

I want some inspiration for some veg dishes please. Nothing too over complicated as I have a small kitchen and am cooking for 13. Dishes that can be prepared in advance a plus. Thinking red cabbage with apple, not thought further on the recipe. Something green, beans? A ton of roast pots. I'm doing squash soup to start, that or carrot, or both. Got to be really tasty as I have a lot of good cooks to impress. tia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now