What can I make with odds and ends of...

(7 Posts)
LaTrucha Fri 21-Dec-12 16:48:26

Evaporated milk, condensed milk and double cream. I have about 100ml of the first two and 200 of the last left over from making kulfi. I'm fairly sure I have abundant kulfi now. Is there anything else I can do to use it up -or am I going to have to give in and eat the condensed milk with a spoon while pretending to cook the kids' tea?

LaTrucha Fri 21-Dec-12 18:19:23

hmmm

MaryIngalls Sat 22-Dec-12 22:28:22

Double cream I have heard you can whip up and then freeze in portions, or churn to make butter (saw Jamie Oliver doing this on the telly). No idea re the other two though. Maybe someone else will be along in a minute.

loveinidleness Sat 22-Dec-12 22:31:15

evap - http://www.mumsnet.com/Recipes/i/5037-Microwave-tablet - stick some of the condensed in to to make up the amount and less sugar in overall.

Double cream you can freeze - or make a soup/pasta sauce extra yummy with it?

loveinidleness Sat 22-Dec-12 22:31:41

evap - www.mumsnet.com/Recipes/i/5037-Microwave-tablet - stick some of the condensed in to to make up the amount and less sugar in overall.

Double cream you can freeze - or make a soup/pasta sauce extra yummy with it?

Double cream - whip it and have it on hot chocolate. Or make a rice pudding. Or have it on porridge for breakfast.

Or mix it with Baileys, cold coffee and ice for a frappe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now