ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Can I prepare scones ahead?

(5 Posts)
bessie26 Thu 20-Dec-12 08:30:05

Hello,

I'm hoping to prep as much food as possible up before the big day, so I can spend xmas day drinking gin watching the children open their presents.

I was planning to do slow-cooker soup & cheese scones for tea/dinner - can I make the scones ahead & freeze them? uncooked? any ideas if they would need to defrost slowly, or if I could just bung them in the oven?

I'll have an experiment over the weekend, but just wondered if any of you had tried this before! smile

oddslippers Thu 20-Dec-12 08:35:36

You can make and freeze uncooked, freeze seperated on baking sheet then when frozen they can go in a bag. I just cook them as usual for a bit longer and they are fine

bessie26 Thu 20-Dec-12 08:40:21

Brilliant! Thanks odd

frenchfancy Fri 21-Dec-12 10:14:21

Thanks for this, I'm planning scones for christmas breakfast, will definitely get them made before hand.

bessie26 Sun 30-Dec-12 22:01:30

How did you get on?

I cooked mine from frozen for ages (25min) & they were still a little doughy inside - I ended up cutting them in half & cooking for another 5 mins. Will try defrosting them for a bit first next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now