Can anyone recommend a good pineapple corer/slicer/peeler please

(15 Posts)
NorbertDentressangle Sat 08-Dec-12 19:29:17

I have this dread of buying one after another but never finding a pineapple device that actually works.

Can anyone recommend one please

ISeeSmallPeople Sat 08-Dec-12 19:30:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 08-Dec-12 19:42:15

Do you mean this one SmallPeople rather than this one?

ISeeSmallPeople Sat 08-Dec-12 19:43:05

ISeeSmallPeople Sat 08-Dec-12 19:44:50

I love this one

NorbertDentressangle Sat 08-Dec-12 19:49:27

I'm confused now as at first glance I thought the green one was a push one but now I can see its a twisting one too confused.

DP said there was one on the Stephen Fry gadgetty show last week -which one was that?

starfishmummy Sat 08-Dec-12 19:50:24

I always find that a sharp knife is best

ISeeSmallPeople Sat 08-Dec-12 19:55:51

NorbertDentressangle Sat 08-Dec-12 20:56:17

Thank you -I'll add a trip to Lakeland on my never ending list of things to do this coming week.

YoHoHoAndABottleOfSherry Sat 08-Dec-12 21:01:28

That green Lakeland one looks the same as the one we have (though ours is yellow). It is fantastic, it really works.

FredFredGeorge Sat 08-Dec-12 22:58:17

I just use a knife - how usefule are pineapple rings really? Aren't they just a carry over from when we only had tinned pineapples and people expected it?

NorbertDentressangle Sun 09-Dec-12 09:49:14

Its not that I want pineapple rings its that I want a way of preparing it that doesn't risk life and limb .... I'm a bit cack-handed where large, sharp knives and unruly fruit are concerned (I'm also a bit dangerous when it comes to using Superglue but thats another story.....blush).

I like the look of the gadget that has the bit for cutting the rings into segments.

FredFredGeorge Sun 09-Dec-12 15:24:47

NorbertDentressangle Ah, I was wondering if there was some secret use of rings I was missing! Nothing wrong with being cack-handed

zenaprincesswarrior Sun 09-Dec-12 18:25:36

The one on Stephen Fry cuts into chunks as well, i don't think the OXO one does. There is a steel one at Amazon that peels, cores and slices. I found it here with all the kitchen gadgets from Stephen Fry's Gadget Man episode here smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now