"Christmas"; Family dinner to cater for a vegetarian "who eats fish", and pregnant sil. Please help me with this menu!

(8 Posts)
GoldQuintessenceAndMyhrr Thu 06-Dec-12 11:39:43

So, we are planning a family dinner here next weekend, for dhs aunt, uncle and cousin, Bil and his heavily pregnant dp. 7 adults (and our two kids)

I am thinking:

Starter:
Tortilla (Spanish omelette) with olives, red peppers, sweet corn and potatoes with a green salad topped with olives, tomatoes and either goats cheese or feta

Main:

Jamie Oliver Moroccan Fish stew with a tangy lemon/orange Cous cous.

Dessert:

Berries and vanilla ice cream, with Mince pies.

Any good?

shoppingbagsundereyes Thu 06-Dec-12 13:59:10

Sounds yum to me. Am also jealous that your kids will eat that.

shoppingbagsundereyes Thu 06-Dec-12 14:01:13

How PFB is the sil? I was a bit paranoid with both my pregnancies and wouldn't have eaten feta or goats cheese just in case

EdwardtheEagle Thu 06-Dec-12 14:53:06

No to the cheese and wash all salad/berries etc v well and tell sil

lovethesun1 Thu 06-Dec-12 15:10:00

Feta & some goats cheese is ok but I'm pregnant & would prob be thinking 'can I eat that'. Would prefer it on the side/in a bowl so I could choose just not to add it if poss. All sounds lovely tho! Maybe make sure there's some nice non alcoholic drinks too like flavoured/sparkling water.

DrGarnettsWinterMixture Thu 06-Dec-12 15:10:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GoldQuintessenceAndMyhrr Thu 06-Dec-12 17:50:57

Oh believe me it buggers me to, when they claim to be vegetarian, and it turns out the only thing they dont eat is meat.

Point taken about cheese, I will have feta, but on the side so she can chose if she wants to add it.

IWillOnlyEatBeans Thu 06-Dec-12 19:07:06

I agree about the cheese - vegetarians meals always seem to involve a massive slab of goats cheese and not everyone likes it <fussy eater emoticon> - feta would be a welcome change! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now