NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Ham in Coca Cola?

(11 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Sun 25-Nov-12 22:20:45

Anyone know which Nigella book this is in? Heard its good.

Mu1berries Sun 25-Nov-12 22:22:48

i've heard it's nice. But... is it good for ya?!

GlitKnit Sun 25-Nov-12 22:23:46
thewhistler Sun 25-Nov-12 22:27:14

How to eat. It's fine. But in some ways more for the curiosity factor.

TwoIfBySea Sun 25-Nov-12 22:32:21

Ham in cherry coke is absolutely gorgeous. Made this for Christmas dinner last year thinking I'd have leftovers for yum sandwiches the next day. It was finished and more was asked for!

BaconAndAvocado Mon 26-Nov-12 17:00:11

Thanks all.

Wow! Cherry coke sounds divine, def give that a go.

BaconAndAvocado Mon 26-Nov-12 21:14:37

Sorry to be dim but do you just cook the ham in undisputed cherry coke?

Djembe Mon 26-Nov-12 21:15:47

Lol Glitknit wink

Have fancied trying this for a while.

BaconAndAvocado Mon 26-Nov-12 21:20:58

Oh just got yr post glitknit.......didn't think of that!

QueenOfCats Thu 29-Nov-12 22:28:20

Just wondering - can you do the ham in coke in the slow cooker? What heat would you have it on and for how long?

ThisIsMummyPig Thu 29-Nov-12 22:30:53

I have done it - but you need a huge pan as the coke fizzes up enormously when it hits the salt in the ham - I have only ever done it in my enormous stock pot. I don't think a big joint would go in the slow cooker without overflowing (altough if you could put the coke in with the crock pot over the sink it might be ok.)

I don't do it often though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now