NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

new advice on dairy free cookies

(6 Posts)
TheArmadillo Sat 24-Nov-12 17:05:30

very impressed as stork was cheaper than butter (about half the price) and couldn't tell the cookies were dairy free, they tasted normal.

thank you very much for the recommendations. Am trying the supermarket version (even cheaper) this week to see how that works.

TheArmadillo Wed 21-Nov-12 07:31:35

Thanks for this. I will see if I can get hold of some stork today.

I use pure dairy free spread to bake with www.puredairyfree.co.uk and iirc some Stork is dairy free (I think it's the solid block rather than the Stork in a tub)

Pancakeflipper Tue 20-Nov-12 21:44:41

I use stork in a block ( gold wrapper) it''s for baking, or you could use a dairy free spread ( but I have had mixed results with that).

TheArmadillo Tue 20-Nov-12 21:38:41

title should be need advice not new hmm
I can't even blame autocorrect as don't have it - all my own work

TheArmadillo Tue 20-Nov-12 21:32:04

I need to make some dairy free cookies but don't really want to be spending money on ingredients I won't use up.

I would like to do chocolate, cherry and almond flavour and I have dairy free plain chocolate, its the butter I need to replace. Can I just replace it with a flavourless oil? Or will that not work? I have googled but can't find a recipe I'm happy with. A lot of them seem to put in a bit of dairy free milk (I have that) but I'm not sure why?

Any advice would be welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now