Leftover risotto

(12 Posts)
mrsvilliers Thu 15-Nov-12 20:54:34

I've got one here http://www.toddler-recipes.co.uk/pea-arancini.html

It was surprisingly easy, just took a bit of prep time.

ScienceRocks Wed 14-Nov-12 18:13:14

wildrumpus that sounds awesome grin

HappyTurquoise Wed 14-Nov-12 17:46:37

WildRumpus, that would work in muffin/yorkshire pudding tins as well, to make small nibbles. Yum. Indeed.

WildRumpus Wed 14-Nov-12 17:43:01

I make what I call risotto fritatta. Unlikely to earn me a Michelin star but v tasty and simpler than risotto balls. Beat a couple of eggs and stir into the risotto with some cheese (grated parmesan, mozzarella or even cheddar if that's what you've got. Spread it into a hot frying pan with some olive oil on a low heat (I do it with a lid on the pan so it doesn't get too dry) then pop the whole pan under the grill to brown on top (my pan has a metal handle - obviously with a plastic handle you would have to turn it over to cook the other side) Serve in wedges with a big salad. Yum.

belindarose Wed 14-Nov-12 17:37:09

Right, thanks. I'm just going for the roll, coat and fry method. But not until I've got two small people to bed...

ScienceRocks Wed 14-Nov-12 17:35:34

Stick a mini mozzarella ball in the middle of each one and they'll beautifully oozy. After flouring, egging and breadcrumbing, either shallow fry or bake in a hot oven (heat the tray first).

Report back!

chibi Wed 14-Nov-12 17:34:53

y y massive thumbs up for arancini!

Catsmamma Wed 14-Nov-12 17:31:25

I'd just squidge it into balls, roll it in the egg, then the crumbs and Giovanni's yer Uncle.

iseenodust Wed 14-Nov-12 17:30:34

Saying that DH takes leftover risotto to work, adds extra liquid and microwaves. Not cordon bleu but not poisened him yet !

HappyTurquoise Wed 14-Nov-12 17:30:16

How about stuffed sweet peppers/courgettes/mushrooms?

iseenodust Wed 14-Nov-12 17:29:16

Nigel Slater did them on his programme recently so if you Google ? Seemed very easy.

belindarose Wed 14-Nov-12 17:24:34

Does anyone know a simple method for making risotto balls? We've got leftover baked risotto from last night and no easy way to reheat. The recipes I've found for risotto balls all seem quite complicated and I need an easy dinner. I have bread crumbs and eggs. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now