Mulled Wine - good recipe needed!

(7 Posts)
HollyBollyBooBoo Sat 17-Nov-12 08:24:56

Jamie Oliver's works everytime, basically by making up the syrup and then adding the wine you do actually get some alcohol - that was me sold!

Grockle Mon 12-Nov-12 21:46:16

Yep, that's it.

Earl grey (you don't notice it in the mulled wine but it makes a difference), honey, rum, oranges, cloves, cinnamon, bottle of red (nice red but not pricey) etc

puzzlepal Mon 12-Nov-12 21:33:30

Ok, just googled it. Earl Grey tea! Seriously? Is this the one?hmm

notnowImreading Mon 12-Nov-12 21:32:38

The Schwartz tea bag things are pretty good - add 250 ml orange juice and 150 ml brandy plus 3 tbsp sugar to a bottle of wine and bits of fruit and warm up. You're supposed to put the brandy in at the last minute so it's strong but I prefer it when it cooks off so it's not as boozy but you can still taste it.

puzzlepal Mon 12-Nov-12 21:29:52

Thanks for replying, Grockle. I haven't got that book but I'll google it and see what turns up smile

Grockle Sat 10-Nov-12 23:30:34

I always use the one in How to be a Domestic Goddess. It works perfectly & I'm quite fussy about mulled wine. We drink lots of it throughout the winter.

puzzlepal Sat 10-Nov-12 23:05:10

I don't really drink, but really fancy mulled wine at the moment! Is it worth making my own (never done this) or just buying the supermarket stuff and microwaving it as I do every year? Do you have a tried and tested recipe? Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now