Gingerbread star tree (i think)

(12 Posts)
dawntigga Fri 09-Nov-12 08:44:09

TKC I think it depends on how many stars you have, the one I have has 20 so a kilo wouldn't do it.

It takes all day to bake the bloody thing as well.

WillOnlyUse10StarsNextTimeTiggaxx

I am pathetically easily led. I have ordered a kit.

Pootles2010 Thu 08-Nov-12 14:57:08

I bought this last year, haven't done it yet couldn't see that one coming.

Intrigued - when you serve it, does it just sit there looking pretty? When you come to eat it, how to you cut it up?

TheKnackeredChef Thu 08-Nov-12 14:55:15

Ooh, youve made me want to do one now! How much dough, roughly? The recipe I've got makes about 1kg or so. Would that be enough?

dawntigga Thu 08-Nov-12 10:20:48

I have one but I have no idea where from as all I have left is the plastic bag - it takes LOADS of dough to make.

MustDoItAgainThisYearTiggaxx

I have bought a cheat's version from Waitrose - it was £3 when they first came out. here

stclair Wed 07-Nov-12 21:07:51

Yes, it doesn't feel so bad if it never gets used at that price!

chipsandbeans Wed 07-Nov-12 13:48:35

No problem, sorry I don't know how to link to a website so that it takes you there but I am thinking I might go and buy it later myself too as I notice this year its £5 whereas last year it was £10!

stclair Wed 07-Nov-12 13:41:42

Ah! I must have seen it at Lakeland (possible as one of my favourite shops!). I'm going to do it! Thanks ladies.

Is this what you mean?

I have bought these to make a cheapskate smaller version. I think you need two biscuits of each size so that will still give me a ten layer tree.

chipsandbeans Wed 07-Nov-12 13:19:16

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/14489/3D-Christmas-Cookie-Cutter-Set

There is this which I want every year and never buy because I don't think I'll do it

stclair Wed 07-Nov-12 13:15:17

I'm sure I saw on the BBC Good Food site a long time ago a Christmas recipe for a tree made out of stars stacked on top of one another (largest to smallest) but I can't find it anywhere. Did I dream this up or does anyone know of such a recipe? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now