Gingerbread star tree (i think)

(12 Posts)
stclair Wed 07-Nov-12 13:15:17

I'm sure I saw on the BBC Good Food site a long time ago a Christmas recipe for a tree made out of stars stacked on top of one another (largest to smallest) but I can't find it anywhere. Did I dream this up or does anyone know of such a recipe? Thanks.

chipsandbeans Wed 07-Nov-12 13:19:16

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/14489/3D-Christmas-Cookie-Cutter-Set

There is this which I want every year and never buy because I don't think I'll do it

Is this what you mean?

I have bought these to make a cheapskate smaller version. I think you need two biscuits of each size so that will still give me a ten layer tree.

stclair Wed 07-Nov-12 13:41:42

Ah! I must have seen it at Lakeland (possible as one of my favourite shops!). I'm going to do it! Thanks ladies.

chipsandbeans Wed 07-Nov-12 13:48:35

No problem, sorry I don't know how to link to a website so that it takes you there but I am thinking I might go and buy it later myself too as I notice this year its £5 whereas last year it was £10!

stclair Wed 07-Nov-12 21:07:51

Yes, it doesn't feel so bad if it never gets used at that price!

I have bought a cheat's version from Waitrose - it was £3 when they first came out. here

dawntigga Thu 08-Nov-12 10:20:48

I have one but I have no idea where from as all I have left is the plastic bag - it takes LOADS of dough to make.

MustDoItAgainThisYearTiggaxx

TheKnackeredChef Thu 08-Nov-12 14:55:15

Ooh, youve made me want to do one now! How much dough, roughly? The recipe I've got makes about 1kg or so. Would that be enough?

Pootles2010 Thu 08-Nov-12 14:57:08

I bought this last year, haven't done it yet couldn't see that one coming.

Intrigued - when you serve it, does it just sit there looking pretty? When you come to eat it, how to you cut it up?

I am pathetically easily led. I have ordered a kit.

dawntigga Fri 09-Nov-12 08:44:09

TKC I think it depends on how many stars you have, the one I have has 20 so a kilo wouldn't do it.

It takes all day to bake the bloody thing as well.

WillOnlyUse10StarsNextTimeTiggaxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now