Cake / biscuit recipe only a little butter (no oil!)

(5 Posts)
doradoo Tue 06-Nov-12 13:05:49

flapjack type biscuits

or merignues/macaroons

Googles 'fat free biscuit recipe' and these sound yummy.

OddFrog Tue 06-Nov-12 12:50:40

Have you got any peanut butter? Best biscuits ever: 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg. Mix it all up and divide into small balls (I use a tiny bit SR Flour to prevent the mixture sticking to hands too much or to firm up the mixture if too wet). Pat the balls to make a bit flatter on a baking tray and cook at 180 for 10 mins. Makes about 20 small biscuits. So easy and good for short attention spans!

Hope you find something that works. I'm also at home pregnant with SPD and toddler... fun, isn't it?

witchwithallthetrimmings Tue 06-Nov-12 12:38:18

you could make around 6-8 fairy cakes with 70g of butter, scale down any biscuit recipie to use less fat. shortbread biscuits are (generally) 3-2-1 flour- butter-sugar so could make a batch with 90-60-30. Swiss roll type recipies use no fat, so you could try making home made jaffa cakes- base -swiss roll cake, add marmelade and cover with melted choc

aufaniae Tue 06-Nov-12 12:31:13

A-ha! I just found some rapeseed oil. I could use that, couldn't I?

I found this recipe for pear and chocolate cakes. Found cooking chocolate in the cupboard.

It asks for 2 tablespoons olive oil. We're out of plain olive oil (plenty of olive oil with basil, not sure that'd really go grin) but the rapeseed would do wouldn't it?

aufaniae Tue 06-Nov-12 12:20:07

I have promised DS we'll do baking today (can't get out as pregnant and SPD hurting too much today!).

Have now realised we only have 100g butter, and no vegetable oil, nor cream / yoghurt.

I was thinking of doing a pear upside-down cake but all the recipes I can find use loads of butter (or oil/yoghurt/cream etc.)

We do have:

eggs
brown sugar
granulated sugar
plain flour
baking powder
pears
apples
treacle
golden syrup
honey
large range of spices
cocoa
oats
... and various other stuff in the cupboard.

If anyone has a recipe which uses only 100g butter it'd be great! It could be cake / biscuits / muffins / whatever. It'd be nice to use some of the pears / apples.

TIA smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now