Need an easy, but delicious and moist, chocolate cake recipe please.

(10 Posts)
Mominatrix Mon 05-Nov-12 22:51:55

Welcome! Glad it worked out well.

MaggieW Sun 04-Nov-12 13:55:09

Just to say thank you again Mominatrix. What a fab cake. He loved it, and so did the rest of us! I made it in two sponge tins and then iced in between as well as on top.

MaggieW Sat 27-Oct-12 19:57:35

Oooooh lovely. Thank you all very much!

trinn Sat 27-Oct-12 19:52:51

I made a chocolate cake last week from the BBC site it was delish

Mominatrix Sat 27-Oct-12 19:49:19

I often make a Chocolate Yoghurt Cake which is moist and light - kids love it and beg me to make it fortnightly. The yoghurt makes it very moist, and allows you to cut down on butter.

You will need 2 cups of plain flour, 2/3 cups of cocoa, 1.5 tsp of bakind soda, 1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter (113g), 1.5 cups of caster sugar, 2 eggs, 1.5 cups of plain yoghurt, and 1 tsp of vanilla.

Preheat oven to 175.

Sift flour and cocoa
Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs into creamed sugar/butter one at a time (fully incorporating each egg prior to adding the next one)
Add in dry ingredients, yoghurt and baking soda to butter/sugar mixing gently 1/3 at a time
Mix in vanilla
Put in prepared springform pan and bake for 45-55 minutes.
Col for 10 minutes before inverting onto a rack to cool completely.

ATourchOfInsanity Sat 27-Oct-12 19:43:49

5 MINS!
www.instructables.com/id/5-minute-Chocolate-Cake/

Worth testing it, even if you don't use it for the birthday smile

unclefluffy Sat 27-Oct-12 19:42:32

There's one on the BBC good food website called fudgy dark chocolate cake it's really nice. I'll try find a link smile

MaggieW Sat 27-Oct-12 19:39:51

DS has requested a chocolate cake for his birthday. Could anyone recommend one please? TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now