Would you like to help us test recipes for the Mumsnet Cookbook?

(850 Posts)
CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Sep-12 13:02:59

Shhh .. don't tell everyone but we're working on a top secret new project in the form of The Mumsnet Cookbook and we need your help.

We'd like to get together a Mumsnet Cookbook cookery group to stop us from piling on the pounds help us test these shortlisted recipes.

Each volunteer will be allocated a recipe which they'll then cook for their family and give us some feedback on how easy, hard, good, bad, expensive etc they are and whether they'd make it again. All the recipes chosen were submitted over the years by Mumsnetters, so there shouldn't be any outlandish shock or particularly difficult to source ingredients - and they should all be pretty easy to make (we hope!).

As a thank-you, we'll be putting everyone who helps out into a prize draw to win a Bloomsbury cookbook.

And if that's not enough of an incentive, everyone who helps will have their *Mumsnetter nickname featured in the cookbook's acknowledgements.

CachuHwch Mon 24-Sep-12 16:00:33

FrankWippery Mon 24-Sep-12 16:07:13

Ooooh yes please. Love cooking and always up for trying out new things. Have plenty of children and their assorted friends in and out, so lots of testers grin

Some0ne Mon 24-Sep-12 16:09:05

Yes! I'd love to! I don't have proper children to test on though, only a fussy toddler and a starting-solids baby. Is that a problem?

xMumof3x Mon 24-Sep-12 16:13:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lirogiro Mon 24-Sep-12 16:16:22

Pick me, although can i have veggie or puddingy recipes? I have a 6 month old who is loving the new world of food, so i'll report back about how things go down with him.

Fedupnagging Mon 24-Sep-12 16:18:43

Me please. I need some inspiration for my fussy eaters.

chinley Mon 24-Sep-12 16:19:02

Submitted!! smile

Done smile

Glitterfairys Mon 24-Sep-12 16:32:14

Yes Please !!!

FellatioNelson Mon 24-Sep-12 16:36:57

Ooh! OOh! Meeee!!!! I will.

Catsmamma Mon 24-Sep-12 16:39:03

oh meeee meeeee meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

raises hand really high and bounces in seat

Pleasssssssssse Miss, I know!! I know!!

needsomesunshine Mon 24-Sep-12 16:45:31

Yes please. With five boys to feed , should be interesting!grin

Yes please. smile

SlimJimBra Mon 24-Sep-12 17:28:43

No umming or ahhing over this one, food = yes please smile

ripsishere Mon 24-Sep-12 17:30:14

I'd love to. Unfortunately, there is a limit as to what you can manage to cook successfully in a counter top oven.
I am spoiled though, I've a two ring gas burner in my outside kitchen.
I will look for the cookbook when I am next in England.

mumnosGOLDisbest Mon 24-Sep-12 17:32:21

I have a hungry brood of food testers here. I could test how easy recipes are as i a rubbish cook. Please pick me for slow cooker or fool proof recipes

whojamaflip Mon 24-Sep-12 17:35:28

me please! [beggingemoticon]

just one thing - please pretty please could one of the prizes be a copy of the mn cookbook?

TheHeirOfSlytherin Mon 24-Sep-12 17:47:28

If you pick me, send me the recipes labelled as "any idiot could do this", I will be the ultimate test of that grin

Put my name in the pot too smile

bluebump Mon 24-Sep-12 17:53:39

I've added my name to it. I put cooking with kids as one of my options but i'm equally happy doing the lunch box one instead (i'm keen!)

multitaskmama Mon 24-Sep-12 18:12:37

Would love to, count me in!

Sounds great- love a bit of baking/pudding making in this family and would love to help out! x

multitaskmama Mon 24-Sep-12 18:13:48

I am crazy about cooking, and love taking pics of my food and showing off to friends to show them how cooking can be quick and simple, but still really tasty!

littlemefi Mon 24-Sep-12 18:14:16

Yes pleasegrin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now