Malteser Chocolate Tiffin

(63 Posts)
roomonsammacsbroom Sun 09-Oct-05 16:26:46

Have been on the hunt for a recipe like this after dh tasted one when we were away fro the weekend and found this.

MALTESER CHOCOLATE TIFFIN

This is based on a recipe from the Blacksmith's Coffee Shop, Belsay, north of Newcastle. Use the best chocolate you can get (minimum 60% cocoa solids for dark; minimum 30% for milk).

100g quality dark chocolate
300g quality milk chocolate
100g butter

3 tbsp golden syrup
275g digestive biscuits, crushed
250g Maltesers

Melt the dark chocolate, 100g of milk chocolate, the butter and syrup together and then stir in the digestives. Gently stir in the Maltesers and tip into a lined Swiss-roll tin (23 x 33 cm), levelling out.

Melt the remaining 200g of milk chocolate and pour over, smoothing the surface carefully. Once cold, cut into pieces.

mmmmm chocolate heaven, I've added raisins and you could put other things in too.

Cooling in the fridge, will share when ready

crikeybadger Wed 01-Dec-10 11:49:44

Me too bumper- I'm gonna try this one out for the school Christmas bazaar on friday.

Only have dark choc but guess that won't matter.

pipplin Thu 02-Dec-10 15:50:41

As DH is wheatfree could I use hobnobs instead or would it be best to stick to wheatfree ginger biscuits. Digestive wheatfree biscuits I have tried are wrong, just wrong imo. sad

crikeybadger Fri 03-Dec-10 10:15:53

wheatfree ginger bics might go well pipplin.

Have just made it using rich tea biscuits and it is divine! grin

SatinandTat Fri 03-Dec-10 12:45:42

Do I break up the maltasers or stir them in whole?

crikeybadger Fri 03-Dec-10 21:36:04

I crushed them as per trefusis' suggestion - may have to make another batch though to try out a few variations.

bluebump Fri 03-Dec-10 21:37:28

My friend at work makes this - it is delicious!

(I can't believe how old this original thread is!)

Well, after reading this, and feeling the pressure of the school christmas fayre tomorrow, I have made this today.

Looks good - I am sure it will sell smile

HopeForTheJingleBells Sun 05-Dec-10 16:00:11

Oooh, thanks for resurrecting this,sounds fab! grin

taffetazatyousantaclaus Sun 05-Dec-10 16:13:48

I have just found one in the new Sainsbo's mag I am going to adapt:

White chocolate, pistachio, amaretti biscuits and dried cranberry fridge cake.

msrisotto Thu 07-Apr-11 19:02:59

Just googled tiffin and this thread came up - it looks gorgeous so deserves a big old BUMP!

I'm supposed to be on a pre wedding diet but fuck it to be honest, this looks too good, life is for living etc etc excuses excuses.....

Pingpong Wed 13-Apr-11 23:19:46

definitely deserves a bump it is delicious!

ComradeJing Fri 04-Jan-13 20:56:22

I'm trying this tonight!

KatoPotato Tue 01-Oct-13 16:40:13

I made this yesterday and used aero mint balls instead and toppe with white choc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now