Can I give a 1 year old soft boiled eggs?

(12 Posts)
BikeRunSki Mon 26-Oct-09 14:03:03

DS is 13 months old - can he have soft boiled eggs? He never has, although has had hard boiled and scrambled

Annabel Karmel has a recipe for soft boiled egss for weaning. I am sure that this can't be right?

belgo Mon 26-Oct-09 14:04:54

Yes you can.

PacificWerewolfwoohood Mon 26-Oct-09 14:04:57

Why not?

<<confused>>

Allergy side of things is ok at that age, and soft egg should still be hot so Salmonelly would be killed dead, non?

Yes of course

littleducks Mon 26-Oct-09 14:17:34

yes

if you are worried buy lion eggs

MrsBadger Mon 26-Oct-09 14:22:18

yes you can

raw eggs, no, soft-cooked eggs yes

colditz Mon 26-Oct-09 14:24:17

Yes of course, yum yum!

Little children LOVE dippy eggs.

BikeRunSki Mon 26-Oct-09 14:26:38

Ooooh, how exiting I'm going to give DS his first dippy egg for tea! In his heirloom Peter Rabbit eggcup.

One of my friends/uber-dictator/but has done it before told me it was 5 years old for dippy eggs!

MrsBadger Mon 26-Oct-09 14:29:47

NB he will break the eggcup, they are horrendously unstable

after losing one of our wedding ones to dd at 18m we have put away the heirlooms in favour of a melamine Pingu one

colditz Mon 26-Oct-09 14:32:37

5 years??

yeah, maybe in the 80s.

May I make a suggestion:

When we have dippy eggs I cool hers quick in some water, peel in then put in the egg cup so she doesn;t eat the shell. She loves them and they are such a cheap [ours our 10p per egg frtom local farm) source of nutrition.

Go for it

BikeRunSki Mon 26-Oct-09 20:28:36

Dippy egg was massive success!
He loved dipping in his toasty fingers!
Egg cup is still in one piece! We have no heirloom eggcups as DH and I both hate soft boiled eggs. DS has one that he got as a present. The egg cup bit is being hugged by a rabbit, so it is a bit more stable.

Magic - one for the fairly short list of quick easy teas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now