Does anyone know how to cut and prepare a sharon fruit and a passion fruit?

(16 Posts)
mynaughtylittlesister Thu 26-Feb-09 13:27:50

Also what part you actually eat with regards to skin etc.

Thanks

Seeline Thu 26-Feb-09 13:29:29

I don't know about sharon fruit but passion fruit I just cut in half and scoop out the flesh inside. I suppose you could seive the seeds out but I normally bung it all in for a fruit salad or something like that.

Nabster Thu 26-Feb-09 13:29:36

Passion fruit - cut it in half with a sharp knife and scoop out the seeds to eat.

divedaisy Thu 26-Feb-09 13:29:44

Don't know about a sharon fruit. But the passion fruit (OH gorgeous!!) cut in half and scoop out the flesh and seeds inside. Don't eat the skin. Gorgeous over ice cream, part of a fresh fruit salad or in smoothies!

mynaughtylittlesister Thu 26-Feb-09 13:31:14

Thanks, I am running a cooking and tasting thing after sch today and have bought these 2 fruits (I did have an idea about the passion fruit, just wanted to make sure thou!)

Thanks

DrTrillianAstra Thu 26-Feb-09 13:36:17

Sharon fruit I eat like a kiwi - cut in half and scoop out the inside with a teaspoon. Don't eat the skin.

On the subject of new fruit, I bought some blueberries the other day (I know I am behind but they are normally so expensive) and they are booooring. I thought they would taste of more than that. Is it just Sainsburys half-price ones that are lame, or are they all like that?

I just cut them in quarters and eat it all (sharon fruit)- the skin is fine to eat - avoid any that are very hard as they will taste horribly bitter but are gorgeous when ripe - in fact I've just had one !

mynaughtylittlesister Thu 26-Feb-09 13:40:00

DrTrillian don't say that about the blueberries, I bought 2 punnets of them! I have just been to the COOP and they are selling their blueberries a £1 cheaper than Sainsburys!

GossipMonger Thu 26-Feb-09 13:40:56

Eat the whole Sharon fruit - really delcious

Scoop out passion fruit but be prepared for lots of 'ooh it's sour' faces

Blueberries are vile imho. Totally overrated.

blueberries are nice in things, like yogurt or ice cream or jam

mynaughtylittlesister Thu 26-Feb-09 13:49:51

We are making smoothies with the blueberries, so hopefully they should be ok!

mynaughtylittlesister Thu 26-Feb-09 13:52:34

Have just felt my sharon fruit its really firm!sad. I bought it on Tuesday.

it should give a little when pressed, is it quite an orangey colour ?

DrTrillianAstra Thu 26-Feb-09 14:09:54

I got a punnet of unknown size half price in Sainsburys for £1.24 or something, glad I didn't buy any at full price cos they are just so blah. What can I do with them? Put them in yoghurt, I suppose.

I didn't know you could eat the skin of a sharon fruit- I'm probably missing out on vitamins. They were another 'it's on offer so I'll have a try' idea but they were really nice, very sweet. OTOH I knew a girl who used to eat the whole of a kiwi, to each to their own. grin

yick to eating kiwi skin but sharon fruit skin is fine - I think the persimmon is to be regarded more carefully skin wise

GossipMonger Fri 27-Feb-09 13:38:39

ugh! who is eating kiwi skin????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now