Where can I buy animal shaped pasta?

(23 Posts)
Bubbaloo Mon 18-Aug-08 22:05:05

If anyone knows,I'd really appreciate it,please.

Thanks.

marks and spencer do bears

plus3 Mon 18-Aug-08 22:06:31

M&S do a teddy bear shaped pasta in their children's range grin (green packaging)

crispyduck Mon 18-Aug-08 22:06:37

asda had them a while ago...not sure if they still do them

liath Mon 18-Aug-08 22:06:51

What - you mean you don't make your own pasta then hand-craft it into little animal shapes??

shock

What is wrong with mothers today?

Bubbaloo Mon 18-Aug-08 22:09:00

Thanks-I'll try Asda's and M&S then.
Lol at Liathgrin.

cheesesarnie Mon 18-Aug-08 22:09:47

asda had organic scooby doo pasta.

Ikea do moose-shaped pasta (sometimes)

Bubbaloo Mon 18-Aug-08 22:16:05

Moose shaped pasta would be perfect but I'm not sure I don't relish the idea of making a trip to Ikea,just to buy pastagrin.Will definately have a look out for it,next time I'm there,thoughwink.

Bubbaloo Mon 18-Aug-08 22:16:57

Moose shaped pasta would be perfect but I don't relish the idea of making a trip to Ikea,just to buy pastagrin.Will definately have a look out for it,next time I'm there,thoughwink.

Bubbaloo Mon 18-Aug-08 22:17:13

blush.

JRocks Mon 18-Aug-08 22:18:29

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've bought some Annabel Karmel animal pasta shapes from Boots blush

JRocks Mon 18-Aug-08 22:20:19

DS still having none of it

Waitrose has some Peter Rabbit rabbit shaped pasta....

They taste horrid though. And they break if not al dente. And then you cant see it was once Peter Rabbit. And if it is al dente, the taste of cardboard is even more prominent.

How about trying some really good and nice tasting pasta, some penne chopped in half, or some nice and funny fussili, make a point about the funny name, fuzzily, etc, or some tricolore? My children were particular to good oldfashioned macaroni when they were small. Especially with a little tiny knob of margarine (that melts) or with an egg chopped in? Or with grated cheese? Or with pesto and cooled??

Failing this, there is always Heinz spiderman pasta in tomato sauce.....

cheesesarnie Mon 18-Aug-08 22:26:50

bubbaloo,is it just to get your dc to eat pasta?i do agree that shaped pasta tends to turn out like cardboardgrin

Bubbaloo Mon 18-Aug-08 22:32:35

That's interesting but I have a very fussy 3 year old and at the moment anything is worth a try.I'm probably clutching at straws but he loves animals,so here's hoping I can tempt himwink.

If he loves animals, you may be in for a shock if you try to offer him animal shaped pasta....

My son, then 2, was taken to the zoo.
Animal loving he was, AND a lover of roast chicken too!
-Until he saw a living Chicken, said "no dinner", Booooohhh!

sweetgrapes Mon 18-Aug-08 22:36:53

Tesco have some too. It's a mix of different animals in green,red and regular pasta colour.

cheesesarnie Mon 18-Aug-08 22:37:09

ooooh how about spinach leaves as dinosaur leaves.(i have 1 and half out of 3 children that are fussy!).

Bubbaloo Mon 18-Aug-08 22:49:59

Just my luck,he'll probably be the same or want to play with the pasta instead.
Dinosaur leaves sound good in theory but wouldn't work in practice!

cheesesarnie Mon 18-Aug-08 23:03:34

whats his favorite animal?
would he like to help cooking?

popmum Mon 18-Aug-08 23:06:10

I second tesco ones, includes snakes, rhinos, elephants.

Bubbaloo Mon 18-Aug-08 23:14:03

He likes all animals and doesn't really have a favourite.Yes he loves helping me cook and even likes helping me bake cakes,but he won't eat the food afterwards.Every mealtime really is a struggle as most foods he won't even try-he'll just scream and say he's not eating itsad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now