crap flame went out

(5 Posts)
CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 30-Jan-13 13:26:10

If you douse the flame by letting water boil over, every gas cooker will carry on pumping out gas until you switch it off. I don't think your cooker is necessarily faulty but please pay attention when cooking rather than getting distracted.

BeebiesQueen Wed 30-Jan-13 10:10:20

thanks cogito, I gave the girls sandwichs as dh said 'it'll be fine to relight as long as teh place doesnt stink of gas' it really did! he came home and was shocked at how strong it was. I think it might be a faulty cooker, but as were moving out in around 2 weeks time I'm just going to avoid using it!

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 29-Jan-13 21:05:22

If you've opened the windows for a while you should be OK to relight the flame by now...

BeebiesQueen Tue 29-Jan-13 17:10:25

I really dont want to blow us all up.
anyone have any ideas?

BeebiesQueen Tue 29-Jan-13 16:57:24

I just put a pan of pasta on teh gas hob with the lid on. dd2 was crying so I went to see to her came back 5 minutes later as water had over flown, took lid off and left kitchen again. about 5 minutes later it started to smell funny so I went to check everything was ok and realised the flam had gone out, but gas was still burning.

I've turned it off and opened the window.

How long till I can re light the cooker? of should I just do snadwiches for dinner? I HATE the gas cooker sad cant wait to get rid of it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now