What can I do with oranges?

(9 Posts)
amazingmumof6 Wed 30-Jan-13 12:14:09

OP - my aunt made something similar to MrsBert recipe, it was so delish, definitely give it a go!

MrsBertMacklin Wed 30-Jan-13 11:23:46

Make Claudia Roden's orange and almond cake. Delicious, lasts for 4 days or so. www.notquitenigella.com/2008/09/03/middle-eastern-blood-orange-cake/

Orange bread-and-butter pudding. I haven't made this exact recipe but mine is very similar.

ComradeJing Tue 29-Jan-13 21:44:24

Thanks all!

LouiseFisher Tue 29-Jan-13 19:28:47

I've never tried them raw in salad, but will try it soon! Should zing up my salad smile

Notafoodbabyanymore Tue 29-Jan-13 06:40:03

Orange cake - delicious!

thereistheball Tue 29-Jan-13 05:57:36

They are good raw in salad: try them with fennel.

amazingmumof6 Tue 29-Jan-13 02:30:09

yes, slices and freeze them for cold drinks

or put chicken breasts or thighs in a heat proof dish, drizzle with oil and a bit of honey, add some peeled garlic cloves, salt & pepper, then chuck orange slices on top. cook in the oven

or make carrot and orange soup - I'm sure you can find a good recipe online - the ingredients we use are chopped fried onions, cooked carrots, garlic, cooked potatoes and the orange juice. blend & season the lot, add a bit of milk or soured cream if you like it thinner/creamier

you can do the soup with other things like butternut squash, leeks, spring onion, you can add honey or mustard.
you can also add left over mash - but only add that if soup is already blended or the whole lot might turn gooey

ComradeJing Tue 29-Jan-13 02:10:25

Apart from juice and marmalade that is.

I have about 8 oranges. No one eats them raw so I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion for using them up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now