NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

What's for dinner?

(57 Posts)
Ruprekt Mon 28-Jan-13 16:43:56

I am having Waitrose chicken wrapped in parma ham and stuffed with asparagus. It was reduced from £5.49 down to 99p for 2 breasts! Bargain! With celeriac chips and sauteed spinach.

Boys are having fishfingers and beans because DS1 is poorly and that is what he fancies.

insanityscratching Mon 28-Jan-13 19:21:28

We've had leftover ham from the joint I cooked at the weekend, chips, egg and peas. Had a bad day and that was as much as I could be bothered to do.

aubergine pamegiana(sp) from hfws veg! it will be delicious with a green salad.smile

Veggie chilli, baked sweet potatoes, soured cream and a parsley/red onion salsa thing. It was gorgeous but now I want cake.

Bilbobagginstummy Mon 28-Jan-13 19:27:19

Had rocket & pate salad when I came in.
Waiting for teriyaki slightly smoked salmon & rice to be ready then will serve with pak choi.

Unusually posh tonight. (went to Waitrose at weekend!)

Harrysmummysarah1 Mon 28-Jan-13 19:28:37

Dds 7 and 4 had chicken fajitas.
Chicken, peppers, onions, tomatoes, cheese in wraps.
They added salsa sauce and gucalome and sour cream and chive.
They love it as I lay it all out on table and they make them them selves supervised of course!
I defrosted left over lasagna for dh and my self as only enough for two adults . Having it with garlic Bread.

Prawns, pak choi and mushrooms with rice noodles, lots of chilli and ginger.

PirateShit Mon 28-Jan-13 19:33:34

Ds and dd had pasta with tuna, sweetcorn, broccoli, pesto and cheese. Random.

Me and dh are having lamb meatballs in a tomato sauce, with Harissa in it. It's a recipe from the Leon book, we love it and have it a lot. Having a bit of spaghetti and a rocket salad with it.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 29-Jan-13 14:31:04

Spag Bol. It was supposed to be braised steak but someone me got the wrong meat out of the freezer.

Samu2 Tue 29-Jan-13 14:31:59

Roast chicken and all the usual "Sunday lunch" trimmings.

Ruprekt Tue 29-Jan-13 16:20:55

Tonight we are having meatballs.

Boys with pasta and tomato sauce and me with cream sauce and veg as I am low carbing.

CremeEggThief Tue 29-Jan-13 17:21:14

Quorn nuggets, frozen wedges and baked beans here, if I CBA to stick the oven on! smile

Chopstheduck Tue 29-Jan-13 17:28:15

prawn and veg stir fry with noodles. Don't want that tho, I want a fish and chip supper, and I have to drop ds1 to boys brigade, which is right near the chippy. I will be able to SMELL it!

nilbyname Tue 29-Jan-13 17:31:07

Beef stew with puff pastry stars for me and the kids, was completely delicious.

DH is coming home to dal and nan. home made.

FlouncingMintyy Tue 29-Jan-13 17:31:26

Nice thick sliced ham from Lidl, jacket potatoes, cauliflower cheese and peas.

CMP69 Tue 29-Jan-13 17:32:25

Beef in red wine (stew really) with jacket potatoes and brocolli

starfleet Tue 29-Jan-13 17:37:20

DS and I will be having beef stir fry with kale, baby corn, broccoli, sugar snap peas and thin noodles.

Harrysmummysarah1 Tue 29-Jan-13 17:55:52

Tonight is minced beef with Veges.. Onions.. Peppers.. Carrots.. Mushrooms... In gravy in sandwiches... Might sound mad but is lovely mmmm

TheFallenNinja Tue 29-Jan-13 18:16:47

Chicken stir fry nom nom.

insanityscratching Tue 29-Jan-13 18:22:33

I've made a fish pie that we'll have with peas and sweetcorn.

redmayneslips Tue 29-Jan-13 19:40:22

Harrysmummy, that does sound odd, cannot imagine that in a sandwich!

Tonight we are having the remainder of the meatballs in fresh cherry tomato and white wine sauce with spaghetti and loads of paremsan, it is a delicious recipe - we love it and I can't wait for dh to get home so we can have ours. Dd has already eaten her portion.

Harrysmummysarah1 Tue 29-Jan-13 19:57:23

Is a fav by dds here.
I lay it all out on a table and they do it with my assistance of course. They add cheese and extra veggies eg tomatoes and what ever sauce they want.
A bit like yesterday we had chicken fagitas or wraps all laid out on table and they made them.
Tommorow will be ham, eggs, mash and and cheesy cauli and broccoli or pickles for dh.

MumOfMissy Tue 29-Jan-13 20:01:49

Nigella's Coq au Riesling.

CakeForBreakfast Tue 29-Jan-13 21:25:45

We had parmesan chicken goujons (homemade - yay me), with oven fries (not yay me) and a pile of vegetables. Flapjacks for pudding (homemade, overall pat on head for me).

Tomorrow will probably be rice and dhal

Ruprekt Wed 30-Jan-13 18:42:56

Lamb burgers tonight with broccoli and yorkshire puddings.

Random but lovely.

I am having lamb burgers with avocado, roasted celeriac, broccoli with anchovy.

OhMyNoReally Wed 30-Jan-13 18:49:28

Roast duck with sweet potato and orange mash, cabbage, brussel sprouts, pearl barley, mushroom and fresh corn cornbread, mash potatoes and gravy. Tonight is family night, mums over. Lovely night might have some wine too and the dc can have posh juice. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now