Electric or hob steamer?

(6 Posts)
multitask Mon 28-Jan-13 13:45:01

Views on either? We used to have an electric steamer when first married but eventually it went to the back of a cupboard and to the bin (it was white and discoloured after years of use). It took up a lot of space both in cupboard and bench. I'm now thinking of one again but think I prefer the hob one, three pans on top of each other, I've seen a set in Argos for a tenner with great reviews. So which do you prefer?

thiswaytothebeach Mon 28-Jan-13 13:48:21

hob steamer far better than electric iv had both

NUFC69 Mon 28-Jan-13 19:15:04

I've had at least two electric steamers and now use a hob type as you mentioned. I found the electric steamer baskets were always breaking and I would be left with just the base part. A hob steamer is much more practical.

I have both but find I use the hob top one far more. It's easier to clean.

multitask Wed 30-Jan-13 14:48:44

Thanks folks, I've bought the hob one and will give it a go this week, looks much easier to wash and store too. smile

multitask Thu 31-Jan-13 19:01:36

UPDATE I bought a £12 hob steamer from Tesco and it perfect, very fast, easy to clean and all vegetables cooked perfect. I'm loving it already, thank you for your suggestions. smile smile smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now