NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

School Lunch

(3 Posts)
MisoIsMyFriend Tue 29-Jan-13 10:30:58

Thanks for your message, DeepRedBetty. It's through the church that we're exploring this. I also posted on an education thread and was directed to this website aggiesgrannies.co.uk/ Thought you might be interested.

DeepRedBetty Thu 24-Jan-13 11:55:07

Not heard of it but an interesting idea and will follow progress of this thread.

The nearest we had was a monthly lunch in the parish hall, which was just the other side of the school field, and a group of children would attend that each time. Fizzled out when head changed from a genuinely committed churchgoing christian to a not so much one.

MisoIsMyFriend Thu 24-Jan-13 11:52:21

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me? Uptake of school lunches in my local area is not great. Meals on Wheels services to the infirm have been cut. It seems obvious that extra capacity in school kitchens could be used to cook for the elderly. Additionally, elderly people having lunch at school would provide social interaction for both age groups and hopefully lead to mutually fulfilling relationships within the community. Does anyone know if this is happening anywhere? I'd love to hear your stories so that we can use examples when approaching our local schools. Thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now