Help! What can I do with mini meatballs, left over rice, mushrooms and veg, and passata?

(20 Posts)

oh dear. confused

grin

THERhubarb Tue 22-Jan-13 13:18:30

I remember those meetings for FHC Quint. In our class (I had to stay with ds because of his anxiety) they were teaching the kids about the 10 Commandments and one of them asked what 'adultery' was. The sacristan explained it was when someone who was married wanted to be with other people too and not just the person they were married to. A little girl piped up "like my aunty Tracey then, she sees lots of men and my daddy calls her a bad name!"

I laughed so hard I nearly wet myself, until I looked up and saw the whole room just looking at me sternly blush

<snatches chicken wing back>

I am going to toss everything into the wok. Add some chilli, garlic, onions, herbs. Then let it oven bake while picking up the kids. Manic busy schedule with gymnastics, and one activity that was moved from yesterday till today, and parents meeting for First Holy Communion in the Church Hall tonight. This way tea can cook itself while I bring the boys home.

Thank you. smile

(Even you, Rhubs <grabs a chicken wing> )

I have everything from herbal, to chilli growing on the windowsill.

Make a Jambalya type of thing! Our DS' like that - re-heat rice in tomato and mix in veg and meat balls to heat through. You need some seasonings in there too - whats herbs / spices / seasonings do you have / like?

Maryz Tue 22-Jan-13 12:32:22

Bung meatballs into frying pan.

Add random veg and swoosh around. Add passata.

Serve with rice.

da-daaaah

grin

THERhubarb Tue 22-Jan-13 12:25:53

Ungrateful cow!

wink <tucks into KFC>

<longs for KFC>

I dont know HOW I can make meatballs into fish.

Thats got to be harder than turning water to wine...

HA HA HA.

But thanks for all the good suggestions, (not you Rhubs) keep them coming.
grin

THERhubarb Tue 22-Jan-13 12:23:00

A funny food face.
Passata for the face. Meatballs for eyes. A mushroom nose, veggie mouth and rice hair.

Then bin it and go to KFC.

Mintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 12:22:28

Could you fashion them into a sort of fish pie with green veg on the side?

<sorry feeling sarky today>

CMOTDibbler Tue 22-Jan-13 12:20:54

If plenty of onion and garlic, you just need some basil or oregano and a squirt of ketchup to make a tasty tom sauce.

I eat lots of leftover rice too

orangina Tue 22-Jan-13 12:18:51

Smoked paprika and garlic perhaps? Chilli if you are a chilli person? the rice and veg can be simple if the tomato sauce is tasty. I often chuck salt and sugar into my tomato sauce, plus a dab of butter. You could also add in olives and/or chorizo to give it a bit of va va voom.....

Fresh basil on top if you have any.

I eat shedloads of left over and frozen rice, so am fairly gung ho about it.....

I know all the precautions about rice. It was cooked yesterday, been in the fridge since. Thats why I want to use it up today. As tomorrow it will be thrown.

But, it is good to keep posting links to the danger of rice, as many people are not aware that left over rice is high risk food. Cheers. smile

FaceLikeAPickledOnion Tue 22-Jan-13 12:07:58

Bin the rice.

here

What sort of seasoning to make it tasty?

I know, seems pretty straight forward with all those ingredients. I just dont want it to be bland or too tomatoey.

orangina Tue 22-Jan-13 12:01:54

Make a savoury rice w rice and veg and tomato mushroom sauce for the meatballs....

(wonders if this is a trick question)

grin

Any yummy recipes or good suggestions out there?

Trying to "eat out my fridge" before going grocery shopping tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now