NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Economy gastronomy - mince

(4 Posts)
christmashope Wed 23-Jan-13 20:20:43

Thanks guys think I might need to use more than th 1kg of mince for my hungry family!

milkmoustache Tue 22-Jan-13 09:41:40

I always try and bulk out mince with a load of extra veg, chopped extra small if there are any veg-objectors in your house, and throw in some lentils if I have any - they tend to disappear in the mixture and have a good texture too.

from memory one of the meals is a tablespoon of the cooked mixture per person in the top of a large crusty roll. The actual portions of meat are relatively small, so probably doable.

christmashope Tue 22-Jan-13 08:31:43

Has anyone made the receipe with 1kg of mince, it can be used to make bolognaise, cottage pie and a chilli but I am a bit unsure if it is going to stretch to make 4 meal portions of each with 1kg of mince.

Has anyone made this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now