Ideas for a 19 month old

(5 Posts)
Zoogeek Wed 23-Jan-13 14:34:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

My 16 month old DD loves homemade special fried rice. Cook rice, let it cool (or else it turns into stodgy mess), stir fry for a few minutes, mix in an egg, a few drops of soy sauce, some prawns & peas, then cook for a further few minutes.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 22-Jan-13 20:33:32

How about tring sone pasta for lunch or even an omelette? Both might make a change? If you need some more inspiration have a look at at these recipes.

Are those the only things you have for tea? Would you enjoy things like toad in the hole with lots of veg, mushroom risotto or homemade burgers?

Sometimes when I'm lacking in inspiration I get a cookbook from the library and try a few recipes. I recently got Aggies recipe book from the works fr £3.99 and that's ok. Perhaps you could borrow a children's cookery book and see if dd can help in a little way to make lunch smile

jenduck Sun 20-Jan-13 17:49:37

DS2 is 21 months & loves the following for lunch:

- Crackers (1 with Philly/meat paste, 1 plain) & a few chunks of cheese, ham & cucumber.
- Couscous with tomatoes, peppers etc - can be served hot or cold
- Lovely lentils - actually an AK weaning dish. Basically lentils, carrots, onions & potatoes cooked up together.
- Toast with jam/marmite on one half

Dinners pretty much same as yours, but also sometimes fishcakes, pasta in tomato sauce/cheese sauce

Zoogeek Sun 20-Jan-13 17:43:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now