Where do you buy skinless boneless chicken thighs?

(20 Posts)
mathanxiety Sun 27-Jan-13 06:20:00

Breast fillets are always v tough I find. I buy bone in breasts and fillet them myself. The meat is always a lot more tender. Hard to fillet thighs without making a dog's dinner of them though. Need to practice more.

bacon Fri 25-Jan-13 16:00:25

I find cooking with skinless makes any chicken have that horrible texture rather take skin off after cooking. I love thighs but always bone-in and skin. You pay more if its done in the factory just do it yourself.

I found they are much cheaper if they have the skin and bone on, and I remove this when I'm prepping at home. I have one or two recipes that call for thighs to be boneless but not skinless, which I've never seen on sale anyway, so now I'm in the habit of boning them myself.

Local butchers would do them - just ask! Also you can ask for more bones or chicken wings to make stock from.

But also very easy to do - pull skin off and take bone out with a knife.

Wandawingsthe2nd Tue 22-Jan-13 08:26:09

Co-op do them now.

NewFerry Sun 20-Jan-13 19:55:13

I find that the ones at our local tesco are cheaper than Sainsbos but they tend to have big lumps of fat in them, whereas Sainsbos are much leaner.

starfishmummy Sun 20-Jan-13 19:44:05

Do it yourself. Use sturdy kitchen scissors to remove the bone. Pop the bones in a bag or tupperware in the freezer until you have enough for stock.

Meandacat Sun 20-Jan-13 18:16:50

My local sainsburys has them (as well as ones with bone still in) and its only a small shop, so I'm sure others must too.

sookiesucksvamps Sun 20-Jan-13 15:01:16

My dp got them as an alternative to breast fillets as they are so expensive I will always get them from now on. Morrisons btw.

SquigglePigs Sun 20-Jan-13 14:58:14

I've seen them in Tesco and Morrisons in the last 2 weeks.

HappyAsASandboy Sun 20-Jan-13 11:30:21

Tesco sell fresh ones. Don't know about frozen.

HoneyDragon Sun 20-Jan-13 11:13:26

Sainsburys, Waitrose, local butcher will do them.

Or it takes no time to do them yourself.

artyflarty Sun 20-Jan-13 11:11:10

Thanks.

Have seen them in Sainsbo's but nowhere else. I'm thinking skinless and boneless...

Feenie Sun 20-Jan-13 10:56:04

Tesco and Morrisons.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 20-Jan-13 10:50:32

Supermarkets, although they have gone up in price a lot so I buy bigger packets of thighs for the same price and skin and bone them myself, or get the butcher to do it.

goingmadinthecountry Sun 20-Jan-13 10:50:29

Everywhere - look for chicken thigh fillets.

itinerant Sun 20-Jan-13 10:50:01

Waitrose do them too

Usually in Costco where they sell big trays for about £16 and I divide up and freeze. Supermarket if the freezer is empty though.

merlin Sun 20-Jan-13 10:48:13

I get them in Sainsburys!

artyflarty Sun 20-Jan-13 10:46:11

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now