Scones

(8 Posts)
Scout19075 Sat 19-Jan-13 21:15:25

Does anyone have a good scone recipe they'd be willing to share? I'm feeling the need to make some scones for homemade cream tea. Thanks!

chicaguapa Sat 19-Jan-13 21:18:40

Here I always use the Delia recipe. Enjoy.

Paul Hollywood's recipe is perfect. I had never made scones before last week - they were bang on. I ate nearly all of them smile.

PoppyAmex Sat 19-Jan-13 21:24:23

This is a traditional Scottish recipe and has NEVER failed me.
Honestly, it's fool proof and delicious - people always asked me for it after tasting my scones.

Ingredients:
8oz/250g or two cups of self raising flower
1 oz/25g (¼ stick) of butter or margarine.
¼ pint (140ml or half to ¾ cup) sour cream
One beaten egg
Pinch of salt

Method:
Preheat the oven to 400F/200C/Gas Mark 6.
Sift the dry ingredients together and then rub in the butter. Pour in the sour cream and then the beaten egg in the centre of the mixture and mix to obtain a soft elastic dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and roll out to about ½ inch (1.2cm) thick. Prick over with a fork and cut into small rounds with a cutter about 1½ inches (3.8cm) in diameter. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.

smaths Sat 19-Jan-13 21:28:47

Delia's recipe for buttermilk scones has never failed me! Really fluffy and yummy and so simple (on her website)

Anifrangapani Sat 19-Jan-13 21:30:35

The bbc one is goor too.

smaths Sat 19-Jan-13 21:31:08

Ah x posted with chica had the tab open a while before replying -great minds...

MrsPennyapple Sun 20-Jan-13 09:44:59

I made some this week using leftover Christmas mincemeat instead of dried fruit. Lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now