Just about to write a shopping list. Help please.

(16 Posts)

Lovely! Take it you roasted the bns first?

wordfactory Tue 15-Jan-13 12:21:08

Last week I shoved some butternut squash and a few sage leaves on a puff pastry sheet and it was delicioso!!

Bns and feta rosti sound gorgeous - will deffo try that.

I like vegetable fajitas but dd1 is super-fussy and is currently refusing to eat cooked peppers. When you take out mushrooms because she won't eat those either, it doesn't leave a lot to put in! smile Grrrr.

Do soup a lot.

Penguin - I posted the recipe (tis a Waitrose one) on a recent thread that TethersEnd had. If you search tofu and pancakes and my name, you should find it. It's very, very easy and very delicious.

Penguinbeaver Mon 14-Jan-13 19:57:39

remus could you share your tofu duck recipe pretty please thanks

ELR Mon 14-Jan-13 19:53:10

I just drain the pasta onto it then it wilts it or I grate in a courgette a few minutes before I drain it. Also nice with a few pine nuts scattered over.
Also what about soup? Butternut and sweet potato with chilli is nice. Vegetable fajitas a fave here too. Not keen on baked beans either to be honest.

Also butternut squash and feta rosti are nice too. Just grate butternut and sauté with a little onion, garlic and red chilli when soft crumble in feta stir then shape, I tend to make one big one brown it on one side then turn it over and cook that side and cut into wedges yum! In fact gonna have that tomorrow!

Two different halves - now that is a BRILLIANT idea! How on earth have I never thought of that before? Thank you. thanks

TotemPole Mon 14-Jan-13 19:47:26

You could do one big quiche and put mushrooms in one half and broccoli on the other. Or do individual ones. A bit of faff on putting pastry in the small cases, but apart from that everything else would be straight forward.

Blurgh to baked beans though - they are a food of Satan, you know. smile

LOVE spinach, sweet potato and chickpea curry and have it a lot! Deffo on the right track there!

No to prawns.

Yes to shepherd's pie - in fact, I've just eaten a plateful!

Pasta, pesto, spinach and feta - yes: that sounds excellent. Does the spinach just get stirred in once it's cooked?

LOVE halloumi but dp and dd2 won't eat cous cous (which is why dd1 and I take it for lunches instead!).

ELR Mon 14-Jan-13 19:41:09

What about spinach, sweet potato and chickpea curry, extra stuff you need is a tin of coconut milk some curry paste, some stock and some passata.

Do you eat prawns? You could make a red Thai curry with prawns or just veg sweet potato, butternut squash and green beans or mange toute nice and some fresh mango is a nice touch, you will need tin of coconut milk and red Thai paste and stock.

Hallumi cheese fried with cous cous and roasted veg.

Omelet with feta and courgette and saad.

Lentil Shepards pie use a combo of green tinned lentils a handful of red lentils and some veg and passata also can bulk it out with baked beans.

Pasta, pesto, spinach and feta

It's me who's a pain re tomatoes. I'm okay with passata.

Broccoli quiche a good idea - the dds love the stuff (I don't but I could pick it out!). No need for a recipe - quiche is a doddle, especially if I cheat with the pastry!

I'm a pretty good cook but my usual stir fry is to stick a load of vege and some tofu or cashew nuts together. Would like a more specific (and possibly more authentic?) recipe now. Eg I recently made a tofu version of crispy duck pancakes and it was gorgeous.

TotemPole Mon 14-Jan-13 19:27:15

Broccoli and cheese quiche/tart. Sorry I can't recommend a recipe, it's ages since I made quiche and it had sliced tomato on. But there are quite a few recipes on Google.

I make chicken stir fries/chow meins with veg and noodles. You could replace with quorn pieces or similar. I cheat and use a blue dragon sachet.

Is the tomatoes an allergy or he doesn't like the taste/texture? Would recipes using passata work?

Omelettes good, ta.
Fish no good.
I do a tart just like that with asparagus, which goes down well. Nut sure about courgette though. WISH the dds would eat mushrooms, as a mushroom tart would be lovely!
Pasta no good because of the cooked tomatoes.

Sorry, am bloomin' fussy. Thanks for the ideas so far.

Stir fry veg with fish, with noodles.

this courgette & parmesan tart.

this mediterranean pasta.

TotemPole Mon 14-Jan-13 19:02:17

I'm not veggie but cheese and onion omelette with wedges and salad?

Okay - dp is going to Sainsbo's tomorrow but he will need A LIST. What meals do I want to eat for the rest of this week?

Vegetarian / No tinned or cooked tomatoes / No mushrooms.

Best risotto flavour maybe?
Best veggie tart?
Best Chinesey/Thai-ish recipe?
Best thing to eat with homemade wedges and salad?

Links please! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now