NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Please can you recommend a heavy duty hand mixer??

(7 Posts)
Eastpoint Fri 18-Jan-13 06:31:57

That looks good - I'd like a new hand mixer & I've used a Dualit which is better than my Philips but if the Kmix is better... The Kmix apparently has a 400W motor now.

TheTeaLady Fri 18-Jan-13 05:46:20

I have it too. It is fab. Dough hooks are brilliant for making bread. I had no idea how easy bread was til this. Beaters helped knock up ace pavlova at Xmas.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 15-Jan-13 14:29:28

This is it The strength is in the wattage of the motor. Kmix is 350w where others tend to be 300w.

TelephoneTree Mon 14-Jan-13 23:10:38

Thank you both. What's a k-mix? A kenwood?

PolterGoose Sun 13-Jan-13 15:40:10

I've recently bought the K'mix one too grin

Seems well built and the attachments click in a lot better than the basic Kenwood one I had before. But, TBH, if you're doing large quantities a stand mixer would probably be best...

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 13-Jan-13 10:42:58

I recently got a K-Mix and that seems pretty tough.

TelephoneTree Sat 12-Jan-13 20:29:32

My dualit has just gone wrong. i need something that will cope with double quantities of cake mix etc...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now