NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Soup maker...worth investing in?

(16 Posts)
MarianForrester Sun 13-Jan-13 22:43:56

Definitely not: soup is so easy in a pan!

Hand blender is the answer for liquidising it. Lakeland has an effective one which is a bargain.

DearPrudence Sun 13-Jan-13 22:38:18

A hand blender is less than £10. Soup is one of the easiest and quickest things you can cook. ^Eighty pounds??!^ shock

NotSoNervous Sun 13-Jan-13 22:31:44

shock £80 for a soup maker? Does it go out buy the ingredients, cook it and serve as well for that? I'd rather use a pot

Screaminabdabs Sun 13-Jan-13 22:25:17

£80's good value - where from, please?

I'm thinking of sending dc to uni with one; plugs in like a kettle, doesn't it?

Fredstheteds Sun 13-Jan-13 20:40:54

Got my cusinart , £80 with postage. I have used it twice and love it! Soup in 20 mins....sweet potato , apple and ginger....fab!

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 04-Jan-13 11:29:50

Have you seen the price of the Cuisinart thing?!!! Biig pot and a cheap hand-blender does it for me too ...

Screaminabdabs Fri 04-Jan-13 00:32:03

Dunno, I'm sitting on the fence here. grin But wondering. My mate who raves about hers is no slouch.

Um, isn't soup just about the most effortless thing in the world anyway? Big pot, throw in veg, boil? Quick whizz with blender if you fancy. This sounds about as useful as an automatic egg boiler. hmm

Screaminabdabs Fri 04-Jan-13 00:05:52

I think it kind of sweats basic ingredients, then whizzes them hotly.

Screaminabdabs Fri 04-Jan-13 00:04:31

My mate got it for weight loss purposes and started really getting into soup, it was so easy. Hers is Cuisinart, from Lakeland.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Fri 04-Jan-13 00:01:47

Looks like a kettle, apparently you just put your ingredients in, select either 'smooth' or 'chunky' then wait 30 mins. Morphy Richards make one...sorry I'm on my mobile and can't don't know how to attach link.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Thu 03-Jan-13 23:57:12

Thanks Screamin...I don't want yet another dust collecting gimmicky gadget, but it does make soup making look pretty effortless.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 03-Jan-13 23:55:06

Like a blender or more like a slow cooker?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 03-Jan-13 23:52:35

A soup maker? shock what is it?!

Screaminabdabs Thu 03-Jan-13 23:45:45

Good question. FWIW I know someone who swears by hers. I am v tempted meself.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Thu 03-Jan-13 23:43:59

Does anyone have a soup maker and if so, are you pleased with it?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now