Vegetarian Christmas canape ideas please

(7 Posts)
NuclearStandoff Sun 09-Dec-12 18:55:11

Sorry if this should be posted under Christmas.

Veggie ideas because I think we will be eating enough flesh. Not because everyone eating them is veggie.

Please share your best festive ideas.

BikeRunSki Sun 09-Dec-12 19:09:30

Little pieces of Spanish omelette on cocktail sticks.
Baked new/Charlotte potatoes with a blob of sour cream
Crusty bread and tapenade/hummous /sun dried toms/pesto
Falafel

Canapes too posh for me but one v good thing is my feta dip:

mash feta and then add a couple of spoonfuls of natural yoghurt until it is still thick but scoopable. Add chopped green chilli, a squeeze of lemon juice and lots of black pepper. Serve with strips of toasted pitta.

Agree that Spanish omelette is easy and you can make it the day before.

I am v old fashioned and am always happy to eat cheese and pineapple on sticks! Even better with really lovely mature cheddar and fresh pineapple.

NatashaBee Sun 09-Dec-12 19:16:39

Filo pastry rolls filled with pesto, or tepenade, or sun lush tomatoes and mozzarella? New potatoes baked (so they look like jacket potatoes) with sour cream and spring onions?

ArtyFartyQueen Sun 09-Dec-12 19:18:52

Discs of puff pastry with a caremilsed onion and mushrooms in a balsamic and cream sauce with basil - yum!!

rabbitonthemoon Sun 09-Dec-12 19:19:01

What a good idea for a thread. I love tiny food grin

Tortilla crisps with a bit of cream cheese and sweet chilli sauce on each one (sounds hmm but they are ace]

Mini squares of puff pastry with blue cheese, pear and walnut

Crostini with roasted red peppers, goats cheese and pine nuts (if I'm being especially fiddly i cut them into heart shapes)

Theicingontop Mon 10-Dec-12 11:24:36

You could make little palmiers with a cheesy/pesto filling smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now