NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Can I freeze mashed potato?

(4 Posts)
Sonnet Fri 07-Dec-12 10:22:29

And if so how do I reheat?
How long will reheating take?
I am trying to get dinner on the table earlier after being out at work all day
Many thanks!

BornToFolk Fri 07-Dec-12 10:31:21

Yeah, I frequently do this, either freezing leftovers, or making up a big batch specifically for freezing. I just re-heat in the microwave from frozen.

Perfect for a quick dinner, especially with frozen sausages and frozen peas!

jenduck Fri 07-Dec-12 17:11:35

I always do this! In fact, if I am making mash, I often deliberately make too much so that I can have some to freeze if it doesn't all get eaten first. I do it in kiddie-sized portions, too, so that I can do a quick meal for the DSes.

Top tip would be to defrost it for 1 minute in the microwave, add a blob of butter, then carry on defrosting/heating up until it's ready (another 2 mins or so for toddler portion).

Beamur Fri 07-Dec-12 17:14:39

Yup. Reheat as above.
This is what DD is having for her tea tonight in fact.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now