help - I got the chicken thighs out of the freezer....

(3 Posts)
Chepstowmonkey Thu 06-Dec-12 14:17:46

....but I don't have any ginger to make a curry and I have no time to go to a shop before tea time.

They are chicken thighs with the bone in. Can anyone suggest anything else I can do with them? Or does anyone know if the curry will be alright without the ginger? I have a well stocked pantry but very little fresh stuff as the Sainsburys man is coming at 7pm tonight (with more ginger!).

Thank you....

kelly14 Thu 06-Dec-12 14:40:51

I dislike ginger and wouldnt have thought would make much difference so you could do without.

Or i usually cut out the bone, fill with some premade and cooled paxo or sausagemeat stuffing, and wrap in bacon.
You de bone and fill with anything really, fry some mushrooms and onions off, cool then fill chicken thighs with the mixture and any cheese you have.

Or shred and make fajitas, wraps, kebabs with chunks of chicken and peppers and onions.

I much prefer thighs to chicken breasts as find unless cooked to absolute perfection so that its cooked but so juicy (which i can Never do!) then its dry and tasteless no matter you put it with.

goralka Thu 06-Dec-12 14:43:07

I cook them with the bone in and take the bones out before serving, so much easier than trying to fillet them raw. Thighs are fab for curries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now