sandwich made night before - lock and lock tub?

(8 Posts)
NumptyMum Wed 05-Dec-12 21:18:17

I'm getting back into the routine of work/nursery/school having got a new job and I've just realised I don't have enough frozen cooked meals for nursery tomorrow. So I'm thinking of making a sandwich, but if I make it in the morning I'll be in a panic as there's so much to do. If I make a cheese sandwich tonight, put it in a lock-and-lock tub and put it in the fridge, do you think it will be OK to eat - or will it be a bit dried out/yuk? Never done this before, as you can tell...

BertieBotts Wed 05-Dec-12 21:20:07

It will be fine - I often do this. Wrap it in cling film.

Have you ever had a supermarket sandwich? They're usually in-date for 2-3 days so they have been sitting there much longer than overnight by the time you eat them.

ilikesweetpeas Wed 05-Dec-12 21:20:59

It will be fine, I do this every night!

SeeYouSoon Wed 05-Dec-12 21:30:06

I always make my sarnies the night before, it's fine.

NumptyMum Wed 05-Dec-12 21:46:48

Grand - thanks everyone, will go off to make the sarnie now...

dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru Thu 06-Dec-12 11:56:24

we do that for the kids every night - the sandwich is put in a lidded tub and then put in the lunchbag in the morning (no complaints so far)

valiumredhead Fri 07-Dec-12 16:19:08

I do this for ds every night, I haven't got time to make packed lunch in the mornings!

jenduck Fri 07-Dec-12 17:13:31

I know some people freeze sandwiches for the week ahead & take out the night before, but I have never done this myself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now