What to serve with ham in coca cola?

(13 Posts)

Chips have the distinct advantage of coming from the chip shop - so less cooking to do.

HoneyDragon Sun 02-Dec-12 21:41:36

We had Ham in Dr Pepper on Friday. Dh requested Egg & Chips with it grin Was lovely.

Thanks for all of the ideas. We have some red cabbages in the garden which we can do like MincepiePatty suggested. DH doesn't like jacket potatoes, the weirdo, so he can choose either baby potatoes or mash. He would love macaroni cheese, but I think it might be too rich for me given that we will be having a whole roast the next day.

We had ours last Christmas Eve with jacket potatoes, a massive macaroni cheese and baked beans. Classy eh? It was lovely!

Ooh, posted too quickly, baked potatoes too

We are having it on christmas eve too with jacket spuds, crusty bread, salad and pickles.

DillyTante Sun 02-Dec-12 20:08:19

Braised red cabbage

JannerBird Sun 02-Dec-12 20:08:04

We have it with egg and chunky chips!

Djembe Sun 02-Dec-12 20:07:00

Courgettes marinated in Fruit Shoot.

Sarae2201 Sun 02-Dec-12 20:06:03

We normally have it with baby potatos and a nice coleslaw/potato salad and a salad. its really yummy!! smile

Sargesaweyes Sun 02-Dec-12 20:05:55

I did a ham in brown sugar today actually. Served it with roasted veg and mash and the yummy juices that came out in the slowcooker. Was delicious.

It is time to give ham in coca cola a go, but what do you serve with it?

I want to serve it on Christmas Eve for 6 of us and then have lots of leftover ham.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now