What shall i cook for my 3 girlfriends?

(7 Posts)
weevilswobble Sat 08-Dec-12 14:15:20

Thanks for your input ladies! I ended up having to work Thursday so it all got a bit tight on timing. I ended up cheating! A selection of Thai curries from Cook. With a salmon dip with breadsticks for starters. Had a lovely fire roaring to warm everyone up in from the cold and it was a really lovely evening. Oh, and followed with either choc or lemon tarts with a nice vanilla icecream. grin

Sweepea Mon 03-Dec-12 18:06:32

I made this when some friends came over to make christmas cards http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10468/melanzane-parmigiana

Red wine, salad, bread and the job's a good un!

I'd have mulled wine or cider to start, before you get to the food - lovely to walk into a house and smell all those spices!

2beornot Sun 02-Dec-12 20:10:04

Ooh ooh ooh - make mulled cider. Much nicer than mulled wine and not as overpowering a flavour.

Mmmm mulled cider!!

I agree that mulled wine might be best at the end, with a mince pie. I don't think it would be great with food. Tbh though, I hate mulled wine!

How about garlic roasted new potatoes with a caramelised onion quiche and salad? White wine spritzers would be nice with that maybe? But it would be fine with a red too, if that's what you like.

Or a veggie risotto, a rocket salad, with Belinnis to drink?

Or tapas, with Sangria (MUCH nicer than mulled wine!). Veggie tapas could include potatas bravas, tortilla, maybe something with peppers, mixed olives etc.

I always like a selection of veggie curries - you'd need beer to go with that though!

Onebadbackandalostpelvicfloor Sun 02-Dec-12 14:12:44

Fish. Nicely grilled with some cherry tomatoes and a few home made oven chips. Very light and very tasty

weevilswobble Sun 02-Dec-12 11:15:53

3 great girlfriends are coming for supper on thursday. They can stumble home drunk after coz all live v close. Looking forward to it! They have been amazingly supportive through a nightmare few months i've been through. What shall i cook?
I'd like to make some mulled wine, but would that work? Because isnt that a drink with mince pies kinda thing? I was thinking vegetarian coz that would be lighter? Want to do something seasonal, and utterly delicious? HELP!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now