NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Loads of spaghetti carbonara left over. What to do with it?

(7 Posts)
MarjorieAntrobus Mon 19-Nov-12 08:40:56

I made too much last night. It isn't actually spaghetti, but bow-shaped pasta, but is still much the same thing.

It is sitting in the fridge looking solid and eggy. I hate wasting food, and don't usually get it so wrong.

What can I turn it into? And how?

Ragwort Mon 19-Nov-12 08:45:03

Why can't you heat it up and have it for another meal ? confused - won't be the best could give it to the children, add some more cream if it is too solid grin.

MarjorieAntrobus Mon 19-Nov-12 09:06:10

Yeah, I could do that, Ragwort but I was wondering whether
I could reinvent it somehow! grin

Thank for responding. Maybe what I will do is freeze it in little batches. Then it can just be eaten as and when with salad.

Rollmops Mon 19-Nov-12 09:13:50

Chop it up roughly, plop in oiled oven dish, breadcrumbs/grated cheese on top, oven. Voila!

MarjorieAntrobus Mon 19-Nov-12 10:14:10

Voila! indeed. Sounds good, actually.

If I freeze it for a few days then do that, Rollmops, will it still work?

See, whenever I have done this in the past, it has all been eaten. I don't think of this as a "what I do with the leftovers" kind of meal.

Rollmops Mon 19-Nov-12 12:48:43

Why shouldn't it? I would try and freeze in said oven dish so need only be popped into oven when desired. :-)

MarjorieAntrobus Mon 19-Nov-12 13:21:51

Okeydoke. That is what I shall do then.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now