Freezing veggie mince in meals

(6 Posts)
GentlyGentlyOhDear Mon 19-Nov-12 22:04:11

Excellent! Now I just need to look up some exciting recipes and get cracking with the cooking.
I will definitely be cooking to a high temp Adrift - am very anal with food and always end up overcooking then worrying about carcinogenic burn on food
God I hate cooking! I'd much rather do three hours of ironing shirts and creased denim than an hour in the kitchen! Do you fancy stocking my freezer too lapsed!?

I do this all the time! grin I have a freezer full of batch-cooked Quorn spag bol sauce and veggie soya mince chilli. I weaned DS on the stuff 15 years ago!

AdriftAndOutOfStardust Fri 16-Nov-12 21:54:44

It is indeed fine to do this so long as you are cooking it to properly hot in between the two freezes. It is defrosting to room temp and then refreezing that can be dodgy.

If I'm making something intending to freeze most of it I sometimes buy quorn mince from the fridge section rather than the freezer section so that it only gets frozen once, but I know it's not really necessary to do this.

GentlyGentlyOhDear Fri 16-Nov-12 21:41:36

That's great thanks. Will get cooking this weekend!

FarelyKnuts Fri 16-Nov-12 19:19:48

Its fine to freeze both with or without the spaghetti. We do it all the time and it tastes fine

GentlyGentlyOhDear Thu 15-Nov-12 21:56:37

I'm crap at cooking and am a bit funny about food and germs too, so no idea whether it is ok to re-freeze frozen soya or TVP mince if I batch cook.

Also, how long would I be able to keep them for and can I freeze cooked pasta in with the meals too e.g. a portion of spag bol?

These are probaby ridiculous questions, but I've always just made things on the day but now DD is weaning I need a few bits in the freezer for reserve ifshe doesn't eat with us.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now