what to serve with ham in coke?

(13 Posts)

am just serving up a chicken and chorizo rissotto which will be gorgeous, I actually love cooking I just have no imagination.

LittleTyga Wed 14-Nov-12 17:28:14

Thank you - will certainly give that a go on Saturday!

Carrot and swede sounds yum - I'm so hungry! Got a casserole in the oven but waiting for daughters to come home from violin so can't eat it yet! Roll on 6 o'clock!

XBenedict Wed 14-Nov-12 17:25:06

I have done ham in coca cola a few times and it's nice but ham in brown sugar is nicer IMO. Pulled pork next!

oh and I ordered some aunt bessie carrot and swede mash and maybe roasties, does that sound good? I need to think outside the box or we end up eating kid food.

here there seem to be several variations but they all seem similar. I am bored of having the same food on the same day every week.

LittleTyga Wed 14-Nov-12 17:19:22

How about mashed sweet potato and butternut squash -

So how do you do ham in coke? recipe please? need inspiration for Saturday night - my meal plan has a gap!

InNeedOfBrandy Wed 14-Nov-12 17:17:00

Dauphinoise potatoes or mac and cheese or mash. Corn on the cob, green veg or cauli cheese. Mmmm.

SixtyFootDoll Wed 14-Nov-12 17:15:42

I just use aunt Bessie's frozen red cabbage, it's lovely. Or sauerkraut if even lazier.

XBenedict Wed 14-Nov-12 17:15:28

Dauphinoise potatoes and green veg

poozlepants Wed 14-Nov-12 17:14:31

macaroni cheese.

never thought of red cabbage, lovely, thanks I am so unimaginative when it comes to food.

SixtyFootDoll Wed 14-Nov-12 17:10:05

Serve with mash and red cabbage yum

I am jumping in and going to do ham in coke (cherry coke as man on dog walk this morning was telling me that it is even nicer) but what can I serve with it as a main meal? or would it be better with bread rolls to make hot butty's?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now