Ocado Delivers Bag of Urine

(268 Posts)
noidsleft Thu 11-Oct-12 23:45:35

How should I take my complaint forward? A day ago I emailed my complaint to Ocado and they have not bothered to reply. Our last delivery started by the driver removing our bags of food from the back of the van. He then looked about, lent into the van and removed a bag of liquid which he threw down the side of our house. It landed in the middle of the pavment, he walked towards it and kicked it against the side of our house, where it slowly seeped urine down the pavement. This gentleman, has allegedly (I think that's what I need to add here) used the back of the Ocado van for his own private toilet, used an Ocado bag as a urinal (not what I thought we were returning the bags for)and nothing as soap water and a sink. Then handed over the shopping for my family. I have very good CCTV of all this, should I put it on You Tube and forward the link to Ocado and see if they reply, then?

Valpollicella Fri 12-Oct-12 08:40:33

Marking place. OcadoAnnie howd you stumble accross this?!

SunshineOutdoors Fri 12-Oct-12 08:41:18

Shameless placemark

Did you know wee is sterile
<any excuse to place mark, and Tbh I'm not convinced I believe that>

bulletwithspookybatwings Fri 12-Oct-12 08:43:57

Wee is sterile until it comes into contact with air or carrier bags I believe smile

readyforno2 Fri 12-Oct-12 08:44:45

Another one shamelessly marking place

getrealandgetalife Fri 12-Oct-12 08:47:30

its more worrying that people who dont have cameras are ignored! does this mean that we have to put cameras up everywhere on our property, on our cars, on our KIDS and on ourselves so that we are believed when someone wronged us?

what kind of a world are we living in?

12 cameras and a delivery man that pisses in a bag is just the start......

smalltown Fri 12-Oct-12 08:48:45

So he stopped driving, parked the van, got into the back, peed into a large floppy carrier bag & somehow tied it up so it didn't leak?
Everyone knows men you pee against walls see milk & more driver smile or into bottles. Carrier bags aren't used for liquids, as they don't contain them.

I have boys who always need to pee in the most dangerous safari park enclosure possible, so I'm officially an expert on car pees

MaryZed Fri 12-Oct-12 08:51:41

Did you join especially to tell us about this? Or have you name-changed, and if so why?

Just wondering, like smile

<marks place> smile

OcadoAnnie Fri 12-Oct-12 09:05:35

getrealandgetalife - We'd take this just as seriously whether or not there were cameras, don't you worry about that!

MaryZed Fri 12-Oct-12 09:06:38

Well done to Ocado for being on the ball, btw smile

noidsleft Fri 12-Oct-12 09:09:24

Yes I did mention I had cctv of him removing the bag and throwing/kicking it etc. 48 hour reply is normal but I though a compaint of this nature may get a quick response. I was very very angry on the day and this norning noticed a stain on the egg box, may just be water but it brings back the anger. I have been advised against putting video on Utube due to the data protection act. I may need to block out his face etc.

You have emailed them. You have told them you have cctv.

If you want to be on the safe side, you could email again and tell them that this footage will go viral in 15 minutes unless you get a satisfactory reply.

I would also inform Waitrose, as I reckon they did the delivery on behalf of them?

Then, link on Youtube, let us know, I am sure we would like to share it on facebook and twitter......

MaryZed Fri 12-Oct-12 09:13:49

Well you have had a very quick response on this thread. Have you sent OcadoAnnie the reference number that should have been sent back to you in the automated response, as she asked you an hour ago?

twofingerstoGideon Fri 12-Oct-12 09:15:09

I would also inform Waitrose, as I reckon they did the delivery on behalf of them?
Waitrose and Ocado are entirely separate companies. Waitrose does its own home-delivery service, which is completely different.

OcadoAnnie Fri 12-Oct-12 09:16:18

Hi again noidsleft, our emails come through to our agents in chronological order so unfortunately we wouldn't know your email was urgent until we'd picked it up. However, our IT geniuses have managed to go into the queue and have traced your email. Somebody will be calling you shortly.

How did you know it was urine, and not say white wine? You didn't smell it did you?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 12-Oct-12 09:17:41

Valpollicella Fri 12-Oct-12 08:40:33
Marking place. OcadoAnnie howd you stumble accross this?!

Valpollicella, most large companies (that deal with the public) today use social media snipers, it is a service that flags up to them if their company name is mention anywhere across forums, twitter, facebook, etc.

Nagoo Fri 12-Oct-12 09:25:23

The op said she did smell it.

I did a little snigger at "stain on the egg box"

Oh, I think OcadoAnnie is very on the ball tbh but I also want to know how she found the thread? smile

boredandrestless Fri 12-Oct-12 09:27:42

Eeeeuuuw! Gross.

OhDeerHauntingFENTON Fri 12-Oct-12 09:30:53

If I worked for Ocado and saw this thread I would absolutely alert the relevant colleague to get onto it pronto.

OcadoAnnie Fri 12-Oct-12 09:34:29

Valpollicella and MissBeehivingUnderTheMistletoe, we do scan sites for mentions to see where we can help our customers, but I also used to be on Mumsnet quite a bit a few years ago to help where I could.

That is horrible! I have nothing further to add. Apart from I would LOVE to see your house!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now