NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

to ask what you keep in your freezer?

(130 Posts)
CakePops Wed 10-Oct-12 17:57:24

Watched a Gordon Ramsey programme where he said he kept sliced frozen bagels in his freezer, so he's always got a quick brunch.

This had never occurred to me so I wondered what other freezer tricks I am missing out on.

To kick things off these are normally to be found lurking in my freezer:

Frozen veg (fast food for the dc when I can't be bothered to cook)

Fishfingers (See above)

Pizza base - Made in batch. And frozen for a quick pizza when I can't be bothered to cook (I see a theme emerging ...)

Banana bread, flapjacks etc - made in batch for after school snack.

Ice - For alcohol.

Frozen onions - For when I can be bothered to cook but not cry.

What do you keep in yours?

CakePops Wed 10-Oct-12 17:58:35

Oh and frozen herbs.

<peers into freezer>

Fish fingers.

Oven chips.

Frozen veg.

Honeycomb ice cream.

Ice for martinis.

A pair of jeans.

picnicbasketcase Wed 10-Oct-12 18:01:26

Jeans? confused

Frozen veg, ice lollies, chips, ready meals for DH to take to work. That's about it.

Pascha Wed 10-Oct-12 18:01:28

Currently:

Pizza, garlic bread, naan bread, bread, crumpets, part-baked rolls
Raw meat of various types
Fishcakes
Frozen veg, chips
Various bags of Brown in single portion sizes
A few leftover breastmilk bags
Ice

GoSakuramachi Wed 10-Oct-12 18:02:15

Frozen food.

And the directions to the Food or Chat topics.

nokidshere Wed 10-Oct-12 18:02:49

Peas, Sweetcorn and ice lollies!

fortoday Wed 10-Oct-12 18:02:56

Vodka, Smiley Faces and Chicken Nuggets- Use them all at once usually too!

cheekydevil Wed 10-Oct-12 18:03:01

My ex

CakePops Wed 10-Oct-12 18:03:16

Did you have a few of those martinis before you put the washing away Bunny? grin

41notTrendy Wed 10-Oct-12 18:03:26

The end of the loaf for instant breadcrumbs.
At this time of year we have a 'bubble and squeak' bag where I put in left over mash and veg and keep topping it up so can cook it up when there's enough.
Leftover gravy.
Vodka grin
Leftover wine (now stay your sharp intake of breath-this doesn't happen unless someone has bought one we don't like, or have got cooking wine left over)
Cheese. I have some leftover Stilton in ours at the moment, waiting to be made into soup.

Scholes34 Wed 10-Oct-12 18:03:44

Too much.

Lots of black bananas - great chopped up in a blender with milk to make a lovely milkshake with a "melting icecream" consistency.

VerySmallSqueak Wed 10-Oct-12 18:03:57

I haven't got a freezer.

I miss frozen peas and ice cream the most.

Inneedofbrandy Wed 10-Oct-12 18:04:06

Ice cubes
Icecream
Frozen cream and jam donouts

Frozen veg
Ginger

Home made cookies

Oven chips
Fishfingers
a single banana

chicken thighs
Left over chilli
Left over curry

cantspel Wed 10-Oct-12 18:04:19

anything i can get in the reduced cabinet that will freeze. At the moment i have about 5 packs of chicken, lamb chops, some lamb neck, fish, some cubed beef and a couple of packs of sausages and burgers. Plus rice, veg, and bread.

CakePops Wed 10-Oct-12 18:05:18

Brown??? Can you really store claas A drugs in the freezer Paascha?

flyoverthegoldenhill Wed 10-Oct-12 18:05:28

Cheeky cheeky

cantspel Wed 10-Oct-12 18:06:18

oh and a large leg of lamb which i am saving for new year.

41notTrendy Wed 10-Oct-12 18:07:03

Oh and of course the standard: meat, fishfingers, oven chips, peas, sweetcorn, waffles and various bag'o browns.

MardyBra Wed 10-Oct-12 18:07:53

And this is in AIBU because...?

bluecarrot Wed 10-Oct-12 18:08:05

-I half bagels too - and muffins (the bread kind, not bun kind)
-herbs, ginger, chilli, garlic (from freezer dept for supermarket)
-all our bread goes straight in freezer as we only use it for toast. currently full of reduced price gluten free bread and pancakes all reduced to 10p
-milk
-I grate cheese and freeze it on an open try for an hour then store in a ziplock bag
-berries - though usually cheaper to buy them pre-frozen in supermarket than to buy them fresh and freeze them (we grow some but not enough to last a year!)
-frozen veg inc sliced peppers and onions as well as mixed variety.
-milk in tubs that hold enough to last an average day.
-cake, cookie dough mix..
-oh, I cut fresh shop bought pizzas in quarters before freezing for better portion control (only dd eats them as I avoid gluten)
-chocolate

also full of pre-made meals in DD sized portions. Have about 8 lasagnas, 4 cottage pies, 4 shepherds pies etc as well as h/m fish fingers and chicken goujons.

nokidshere Wed 10-Oct-12 18:09:02

well at least this thread prompted me to put the chest freezer up for sale since it doesn't serve any real purpose grin

Bits of bread for breadcrumbs, fruit loaf, crumpets,.

Rum & Raisin Ice cream. Pots of pureed veg.

Chips, Peas, Sweetcorn.

Various raw meats.

Puff Pastry, Filo Pastry.

Slices of old banana for JO cheats ice cream. Frozen berries - same reason.

Pots of leftover chilli and bolognese to use in pasta bakes.

My social life. I'm hoping to bring it out of cryogenic deep freeze in about ten years time.

That and lots of sausages from friends who rear their own pigs, and the yummy soft cheese that was on offer the other day.

zukiecat Wed 10-Oct-12 18:11:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now