My Magimix has just died..

(9 Posts)
IdaBlankenship Sun 07-Oct-12 19:15:35

I'm gutted, I use it every day and its now 9 years old (hmm beginning to see why it's died now). It just cut out, no warning signs or anything.
Can I save it or do I need to go and spend vast amounts on a new one?

Have you tried changing the fuse?

IdaBlankenship Sun 07-Oct-12 19:26:24

Ooh hadn't thought of that - the fuse in the plug?

Grumpla Sun 07-Oct-12 19:28:39

Yeah check the fuse. You may need to replace the (drive?) belt, that was what went on my dad's ancient one.

Magimix carry loads of spare parts going right back to ancient models it's probably worth getting it fixed rather than springing for a new one!

IdaBlankenship Sun 07-Oct-12 19:30:12

dammit - can't do it as it's a two prong European plug and is all moulded together.. There is a small screw that looks like its holding the whole base together, but I fear opening that up may commit me to a whole lot more electrical engineering than I am qualifed for (ie, none!)

TirednessKills Mon 08-Oct-12 17:19:20

Ring Magimix, I'm pretty sure the motor is guaranteed for 10+ years. Do check fuse first though!

bacon Mon 08-Oct-12 17:24:46

If you go on the magimix website there should be a list of approved dealers. Uusally a independant electrical store. I had a small job done on mine and it cost £15.

IdaBlankenship Tue 09-Oct-12 09:59:29

Thanks lovely people - I just called Magimix and we sorted it out over the phone (twas a connection problem ), saved myself ££ on taking it to a electrician (and then looking like a twunt because it was easily solvable)!
Hoorah!

Oh good, happy ending!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now